Home

20 years and STILL waiting (re: In-Game Saves)

This is a discussion on 20 years and STILL waiting (re: In-Game Saves) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2008, 08:25 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 17
Icon8 20 years and STILL waiting (re: In-Game Saves)

In game saves

Great game best Madden in years.

Some of us have jobs that has us on call 24 hours a day and don't have a period of time that we can sit and play a 8 min Qt game. Lucky to be able to finish a 5 min Qt game.

I really wish ea would add this..........
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2008, 08:39 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: 20 years and STILL waiting

If I remember correctly, they had this option in one of the last gen versions, cant remember which one though. I agree, it is very convenient, I might start a game and something comes up, or I'll get bored in the middle of the game and shut down the console, only to have to replay the game again later. You could just super sim the remainder of a game(not really an option for me, I like to accumulate my players' stats, or lack of stats, lol). Oneday, it'll return I guess.
Old 08-12-2008, 08:41 AM   #3
All Star

OVR: 33

No time for a full game!? Thats why they added Madden Moments!
Old 08-12-2008, 08:45 AM   #4
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

I liked to have in-game saves back as well. Never know when life my come calling during the middle of a game.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 08-12-2008, 08:51 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I liked to have in-game saves back as well. Never know when life my come calling during the middle of a game.
I agree 100%.

And with 3 kids in the house... it would be a real benefit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2008, 09:52 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

Yea they did have this on one of the last gen versions I remember...I think it was in the Madden with Ray Lewis on the cover...I forget which year that was...I think madden 05 maybe??....ne ways sometimes what I just do is pause it and leave it on until i can finish the game...i know this may be bad for the system so I only do this if I know I wont be gone for hrs and hrs...actually even then i still do it lol...
Old 08-12-2008, 10:07 AM   #7
Roll Tide!

Coach Bryant's Arena

OVR: 25

I really could careless about in-game saves since I have been playing 6 minute quarters for years now. I like playing a game from start to finish.
Old 08-12-2008, 10:08 AM   #8
MVP

ausar72's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbrandon
In game saves

Great game best Madden in years.

Some of us have jobs that has us on call 24 hours a day and don't have a period of time that we can sit and play a 8 min Qt game. Lucky to be able to finish a 5 min Qt game.

I really wish ea would add this..........
Agree 100%!

This is a feature that needs to be added and needs to REMAIN in all future versions of this game. Especially since you have to play 8+ minute quarters in order to achieve realistic stats. They should at least have this feature in franchise mode.

And like I proposed in an earlier thread, they don't even have to make it save at any point in the game (though that would be preferable, but if they tried something like an automatic save option that occurs at the end of each quarter would work. That way it will even work if the game froze for some reason, you can at least just go back to the last quarter that was saved.

BTW, i also have three kids and a wife in the household, so sitting in fron of the TV for an hour+ is really becoming unrealistic...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »