Home

***Official Madden 09 (All Other Versions) Impressions***

This is a discussion on ***Official Madden 09 (All Other Versions) Impressions*** within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2012, 03:55 PM   #241
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: ***Official Madden 09 (All Other Versions) Impressions***

For this question I would have just started a new thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wat3
Can someone tell me which Madden is a better all-around game? Madden '04 or Madden '09 for the ORIGINAL Xbox? I have '04 and love the running annimations, historic teams, gameplay, tackles, but hate the out-of-date roster. Are the games similar in those aspects I mentioned? Also anything I should know about Madden '09 that might not make me want to purchase it?
I have both game for PS2 which is basically the same thing. Both were good Maddens with deep frqanchises but '04 was Superior and IMHO the second best Madden ever made. I actully recently played 04 The Franchsie was deep as a well the Animation were outstanding and realistic the AI was better the footplating and tackles were light years ahead what we have now lol. The import Feature was so seemless to I could tell until I went to the menus and look for pictures which player were imported or just rookie in the game. Last Madden seem to take a step back around '06 or 07 to the point were the only real improvement was a roster update so 09 is not better than 04 at all actaully the player graphic even looked better in 04 to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2012, 06:17 PM   #242
Rookie

Re: ***Official Madden 09 (All Other Versions) Impressions***

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1D4ever
For this question I would have just started a new thread.

I have both game for PS2 which is basically the same thing. Both were good Maddens with deep frqanchises but '04 was Superior and IMHO the second best Madden ever made. I actully recently played 04 The Franchsie was deep as a well the Animation were outstanding and realistic the AI was better the footplating and tackles were light years ahead what we have now lol. The import Feature was so seemless to I could tell until I went to the menus and look for pictures which player were imported or just rookie in the game. Last Madden seem to take a step back around '06 or 07 to the point were the only real improvement was a roster update so 09 is not better than 04 at all actaully the player graphic even looked better in 04 to me.
So if Madden '04 is the second best in your opinion, what Madden is your favorite? The thing I like about '09 that I noticed was when you create a player, he has a photo. It uses the created players picture you created and adds it, like when it shows his stats or whatever. In Madden '04, it has a blank picture for the player. Plus you can't edit the years experience for the player. Not sure you can do that in '09. Just little things like that. Also it would take me forever to edit '04's roster to an updated version, where as '09 would be much more convenient. Thanks for the reply.
Old 08-03-2012, 07:05 AM   #243
Banned

Re: **Official Madden 09 (All Other Versions) Impressions**

Quote:
Originally Posted by wat3
So if Madden '04 is the second best in your opinion, what Madden is your favorite? The thing I like about '09 that I noticed was when you create a player, he has a photo. It uses the created players picture you created and adds it, like when it shows his stats or whatever. In Madden '04, it has a blank picture for the player. Plus you can't edit the years experience for the player. Not sure you can do that in '09. Just little things like that. Also it would take me forever to edit '04's roster to an updated version, where as '09 would be much more convenient. Thanks for the reply.
Madden 05 with out question, Those two Maddens are the only Madden I consider in any way simlations not only is the franchise deep but the Gameplay is a good as It ever got. Yes you are right about the photo thing, that was a cool additon. Yes the roster would be a nightmare to update though, If that were the deciding Factor I'd just go with M11 it's the last, last gen Madden with importing and the roster should be impossible hard to update(Maddn 12 XBox ps2 is a mess) the is not much differe between Madden 11 and 09.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »