Home

***Official Madden 09 (All Other Versions) Impressions***

This is a discussion on ***Official Madden 09 (All Other Versions) Impressions*** within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2008, 10:55 AM   #49
Pro

OVR: 9
Xbox version

Good news/bad news time.

Good news: I did not realize that you could not only create custom playbooks, but create formations and plays.

Bad news: You can only use them in exhibition games. I tried all kinds of tricks to try and get a customer playbook into a franchise game, and it does not work. You can't even trick it by setting the custom playbook in your profile.

As for the franchise progession.....it's realy strange.

I started a franchise and marked down the overall and AWR attributes for a number of players. After skipping through training camp, averyone had their AWR highlighted, and it said they went down 1-2 points, but the rating was the same as what it was before camp.

I simmed a season, and did it again. This time a lot of players still showed a drop in AWR accoding to the progression screen, but some did have higher AWR than what they did in year 1.

I think behind the scenes it's working right. Just by comparing the ratings it looks like players to change, but not everyone drops in AWR like the progression sscreen shows. I think that screen is messed up and is not giving us the real picture.

On a related note, it does seem like changes in ratings are very small, if they change at all. Most players stay pretty much the same after 1 year. Mosre seem to drop in ratnigs than rise, but it was just 1 year I simmed so far.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:06 AM   #50
Banned

bsb13's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Xbox version

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewk

Bad news: You can only use them in exhibition games. I tried all kinds of tricks to try and get a customer playbook into a franchise game, and it does not work. You can't even trick it by setting the custom playbook in your profile.
Why did they ever take this out of the game??? The 2005 version of madden was the last one to allow you to use custom playbooks in franchise, and not being able to, makes custom playbooks useless to me.

Field goals are still automatic too arent they?
Old 08-14-2008, 12:53 PM   #51
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: ***Official Madden 09 (All Other Versions) Impressions***

On the Xbox1 version, when stepping out of bounds, then pressing hurry up offense (Y) the referee immediately puts the ball in play.

In NCAA 08, when stepping out of bounds then doing hurry up offense, the referee still has to wait for the linesman to toss him the ball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2008, 12:54 PM   #52
Banned

OVR: 14

This means to save clock in Madden 09 on Xbox 1, it is better to go into huddle and wait for the referee to spot the ball.
Old 08-14-2008, 12:55 PM   #53
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: ***Official Madden 09 (Wii) Impressions Thread***

madden 07 on the wii is light years better than this
Old 08-14-2008, 01:12 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 7

WOW! So, the Wii version actually has PENALTIES?!

This is something that is PAINFULLY MISSING in the PS3/360 versions and is a game killer for me but someone just said they recieved 5 penalties for 40 yds so I AM SOLD!!

Thank GOD I have a (dusty) Wii just waiting for this game!

I am off to Gamestop now to get this game!

Thanks guys for the impressions! If it were not for the fact that I bought the collectors edition for the 360 I would take it back for the Wii (and some extra credit) but I am LOVING NFL HC 09 so I will keep it.

And you know what? I dont really care NEARLY as much about the graphics as I do game play and so far it seems that the Wii version is BETTER than the hi def versions. And the play creator thingy looks awesome.

WOOHOO!
"Because he's the hero Gotham deserves...but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him...because he can take it...because he's not a hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector...the Dark Knight."
Old 08-14-2008, 01:18 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 4

Does the wii version have cpu sliders? That might be enough of a reason for a lot of people to get it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2008, 01:23 PM   #56
Pro

OVR: 9

I'm not sure about FGs. I've been playing halves of games, trying out supersim, and trying to figure out the details of franchise mode. I haven't seen one missed yet, but I haven't seen any long ones I thought should have been off either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »