Home

I told my wife that we have a serious problem...

This is a discussion on I told my wife that we have a serious problem... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2008, 11:21 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: I told my wife that we have a serious problem...

I'm 42 now and I seriously never would have made through 10 years of a not so good marriage without Madden and other games.

To me a husband could be doing a lot worse things than playing video games and at least these keep you home and the wife knows where you are.

Funny !! my gaming supposedly never bothered my EX, but she sure would bring it up during the fights

Heck !! everybody has there bad habits and if this is my worst......Then so be it !!

I also did most of my gaming while the wife and kids were sleeping or out and hardly did it while they were around.

However, for much more serious reasons I did finally leave my EX 3 years ago and would have done it a lot sooner if it were not for my young children

Now !! it's such a great feeling being able to play my games and do anything I want, when I want, with myself and when I have my children with me without that nagging EX around.

I guess I can compare to leaving a prison : )

I'm finally at peace brothers !!

maddcatt
Old 08-13-2008, 11:35 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

I agree there a lot of worse things one could do. This is our hobby, something we enjoy. Everyone needs a little alone time.
Old 08-13-2008, 11:42 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
I agree there a lot of worse things one could do. This is our hobby, something we enjoy. Everyone needs a little alone time.
Amen to that!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2008, 12:02 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
As long as the Ron Jeremy in all of us is available when duty calls. All Will Be Well.....
You got that right!

Quote:
She actually likes to play Madden, but all she does is pass and call the same type of defensive play.I am lucky I have a fiance who enjoys sports and doesn't mind playing a game with me here and there.
That's because you haven't walked the line yet. Once she owns you things will change. She's playn her cards right...My wife played like she was the biggest Green Bay fan before we got married, now...she's like "NY Jets????"....."they have two football teams in NY?"....whatever....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbuckley
LOL, I'm getting the looks from my wife as well...I try to play it late at night, so I don't take too much time from the kids....but it's calling me...all day long....it calls to me...HAAA LOL
My 2 year old baby girl has even started hiding my controller in her little purse and stuff. LOL
LOL @ the baby girl.....Yeah it's calling me too...1 hour till lunch and I can go home and spank up on my coworkers Ravens. He sucks but I can't think of a better way to spend my lunch break.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddcatt
Now !! it's such a great feeling being able to play my games and do anything I want, when I want, with myself....

I guess I can compare to leaving a prison : )

I'm finally at peace brothers !!
God bless you brother......Get the man some KY......JK

Quote:
Everyone needs a little alone time.
Him too.....no really I'm just kidding...
Old 08-13-2008, 12:14 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

well i say i have a great wife and i also have two kids 13 + 11
been married for 15 years and shes been buying my madden and ncaa football games for the past 15 years we have a great communication..when i play she falls asleep she says me playing football puts her to sleep...i see it a great bedtime story...but when i get the look i also now when it's time to stop..but all in all she backs me up...she says she rather me play video games then be drinking and doing stupid things at least he's home..by the im 36..
Old 08-13-2008, 12:21 PM   #14
Rookie

croc500's Arena

LOL, wow, im 34 with a little one on the way. My wife doesnt mind it hardly at all because I mainly play after she is in bed. Sometimes though she actually gives up the living room TV and tells me to please GO play a game because she knows its my stress relief. And as the previous guy mentioned, at least im home. And other guys have hobbies too, I just chose gaming as mine.

As far as Madden goes, it does look like a great game so far, but Ive only fooled with it for about an hour. Cant wait to go home and play again.
Old 08-13-2008, 12:35 PM   #15
Rookie

Keep in mind !! That it is my honest belief that marriage is for maybe 20% of the people that actually get married and most people do it because from the time we are born and raised that is what we think we are suppose to do....So basically some of us " like myself " just settle for less to get this done and marry for the wrong reasons.

Funny !! people ask me why I'm now divorced and I say joking around that my EX said it's either me or your games ? and I tell them I easily said my games in a heartbeat : )

Been with a few other woman since leaving and that proved to me more than anything else that I 100% made the right decision by leaving the EX 3 years ago.

In a weird way I'm actually closer to my 2 daughters now than ever before because the stress of my marriage is no longer around and I see them almost everyday by only moving a mile a way.

Heck !! I was sooooooo stressed out during the end of my marriage and a lot of people in my situation would maybe turn to drinking and doing drugs, but to me playing video games really helped take things off my mind Big Time !! and did a good job of killing my STRESS !!

Sooooo one could argue in some ways that video games can very healthy for you because it already gets the blood pumping and adrenaline going.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2008, 12:45 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 4

I've been a gamer since I met my wife in HS. We've been together 12 and married 6 years now with a kid on the way.

I'm tellin ya, she's like...this will be perfect for you since you can pause it whenever to take care of the baby. Now...if only in-game saves would be added...pure nirvana then! No..4th quarter with a lead and having to run to the store. Luckily Madden 09 looks fun enough I won't mind having to replay a game or two here or there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »