Home

I told my wife that we have a serious problem...

This is a discussion on I told my wife that we have a serious problem... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2008, 12:51 PM   #17
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: I told my wife that we have a serious problem...

Excellent thread topic!

My wife and kids are very cool about my video football gaming. I've been playing for years, and enjoy it very much. Especially this year!

I know it's early...but dang, seems like Madden '09' plays very well. This is the first time in four years I haven't been flat out disappointed by now. I really believe for the first time in a LONG time...I'll be enjoying a long running franchise.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:06 PM   #18
Rookie

croc500's Arena

OVR: 5

I agree Vikes, last 2 years had me so frustrated that I barely played the game. I think Ill be in for some good football gaming this year. Im under a lot of a stress from work so this will be much appreciated.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:10 PM   #19
MVP

HitDoctor's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
I am going to use that line on my fiance, see if it works.

She actually likes to play Madden, but all she does is pass and call the same type of defensive play. I need to work with her on that.

I am lucky I have a fiance who enjoys sports and doesn't mind playing a game with me here and there.
She don't mind it NOW........Wait 'till yo azz says I DO.......That's when you WILL see.....The Dark Side!
Old 08-13-2008, 01:16 PM   #20
MVP

HitDoctor's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddcatt
Keep in mind !! That it is my honest belief that marriage is for maybe 20% of the people that actually get married and most people do it because from the time we are born and raised that is what we think we are suppose to do....So basically some of us " like myself " just settle for less to get this done and marry for the wrong reasons.

Funny !! people ask me why I'm now divorced and I say joking around that my EX said it's either me or your games ? and I tell them I easily said my games in a heartbeat : )

Been with a few other woman since leaving and that proved to me more than anything else that I 100% made the right decision by leaving the EX 3 years ago.

In a weird way I'm actually closer to my 2 daughters now than ever before because the stress of my marriage is no longer around and I see them almost everyday by only moving a mile a way.

Heck !! I was sooooooo stressed out during the end of my marriage and a lot of people in my situation would maybe turn to drinking and doing drugs, but to me playing video games really helped take things off my mind Big Time !! and did a good job of killing my STRESS !!

Sooooo one could argue in some ways that video games can very healthy for you because it already gets the blood pumping and adrenaline going.
I honestly don't know how to respond! I used to complain that I don't play as much in the past, but the connecting with those under my roof is priceless. We are all different.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:27 PM   #21
MVP

jorge380's Arena

im 39,man these games do magic on my stress.started playing since the old intellivision days.My wife sometimes gives me the eye,but oh well could be at a bar drinking or doing much worse things.Hope to get Madden today.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2008, 02:56 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by HitDoctor
I honestly don't know how to respond! I used to complain that I don't play as much in the past, but the connecting with those under my roof is priceless. We are all different.
Oh I connected but when your wife has a Bi-Polar disorder it makes a good marriage impossible and believe me !! not sleeping under the same roof with my kids any longer was huge adjustment for me personally because I had done so since the day they were both born.

Many sleepless nights !!
Old 08-13-2008, 03:02 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddcatt
Keep in mind !! That it is my honest belief that marriage is for maybe 20% of the people that actually get married and most people do it because from the time we are born and raised that is what we think we are suppose to do....So basically some of us " like myself " just settle for less to get this done and marry for the wrong reasons.

Funny !! people ask me why I'm now divorced and I say joking around that my EX said it's either me or your games ? and I tell them I easily said my games in a heartbeat : )

Been with a few other woman since leaving and that proved to me more than anything else that I 100% made the right decision by leaving the EX 3 years ago.

In a weird way I'm actually closer to my 2 daughters now than ever before because the stress of my marriage is no longer around and I see them almost everyday by only moving a mile a way.

Heck !! I was sooooooo stressed out during the end of my marriage and a lot of people in my situation would maybe turn to drinking and doing drugs, but to me playing video games really helped take things off my mind Big Time !! and did a good job of killing my STRESS !!

Sooooo one could argue in some ways that video games can very healthy for you because it already gets the blood pumping and adrenaline going.
Hang in there bro...God bless Madden.

Dear Madden Developers,

Understand that your not just creating a entertainment product. For some of us your a stress therapist and you just made a break-through. (Big sigh)

Thank You
D.Truth
Old 08-13-2008, 03:09 PM   #24
MVP

K_rob11's Arena

OVR: 21

My wife used to always give me "the eye" or the pouty face....but I think she realizes that i could be out doing alot worse than stayin home playing video games. We have a 4 year old son and I usually wait until they both go to bed to start playing now...I really value that time and she respects that.

She does come down stairs from time to time and catches me in the act of talking trash to the CPU or getting upset at myself for throwin an INT.....she just looks at me, shakes her head and says, "you are such a DORK!" ....or she'll just walk by and say "NERD"....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »