Home

The little things...

This is a discussion on The little things... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2008, 03:35 PM   #33
MVP

ausar72's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: The little things...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercalnd
Oh I agree it's not a big deal. More of a nitpick as I do like these cutscenes to start the games. But since these "Little Things" threads are usually about accuracy in the small details I thought I should point it out. Some people might not have noticed that the surroundings are the same everywhere.
Yeah, they cut some corners, but it's still a nice touch, albeit they show the stadium for too short of a time. Maybe they did that so that people won't notice the road and the parking lot are the same. i noticed this early on when Steve posted screenshots of all the stadiums. I'm a graphics/web designer so I notice those types of things.

Anyway, I do believe the background behind the stadiums are different though. Some are cityscapes (not sure if it's the accurate cities) and some are in the suburbs (like FedEX field). I like the feature and I hope they KEEP it in future games. I always thought they should show the outside of the stadiums to help increase the atmosphere.

Are the views different when there is a night game or when there is inclement weather? I haven't played the game that much, just curious.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:52 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 14

I was evading a sack by rolling out to the right with Joe Flacco. The opposing LB had me partially tackled while I was able to give him part of a stiff arm with the left hand while I was able to get the throw off. That was pretty sweet if you ask me.

xbox 360
Old 08-13-2008, 06:10 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 4

I was playing the Bengals and Palmer threw one high to Houshmazilli....he went up to go get it and had it in his hands, until I leveled him and took his legs out from under him. He dropped the ball and fell on his back. He was injured temporarily with bruised ribs and came back in the next quarter. NICE!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2008, 07:05 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ausar72
Are the views different when there is a night game or when there is inclement weather? I haven't played the game that much, just curious.
Yes, even if it is a dome. So if it's a rainy night, it will be raining outside the dome
Old 08-13-2008, 07:14 PM   #37
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31
Playing in heavy snow in Green Bay with the Vikings and AP caught a screen pass, slipped and fell down, as he was getting up he got drilled and fumbled.

There is a video of it in the impressions thread if anyone wants to see it.
that is awesome

I love how they did the weather this year...and you can play in inclement weather online!
Old 08-13-2008, 07:34 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 6

I got injuered during a celebration.

I scored with Todd Heap and ran to the blue block for a celebration in the snow..the blue block was against the wall where the fans are at...so i ran there and press Y and he kinda jumped at the wall....and fell backwards on the ground and tried to get up slowly holding his knee and it said injury sprain knee

I laughed hard....it kinda looked like when you play mlb the show..and there is a pop fly to the backstop and you use the catcher to go against the wall and he falls back after crashing the wall...it was just like that but it look like he wanted to jump into the stands...lol..it was a home game to..weird...
Old 08-13-2008, 07:38 PM   #39
DickDalewood

OVR:

I like players helping each other up... good to see that interaction finally in the game.

Old 08-13-2008, 07:50 PM   #40
Don't Trust Influencers

ChubbyBanana's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimBaller22
I got injuered during a celebration.

I scored with Todd Heap and ran to the blue block for a celebration in the snow..the blue block was against the wall where the fans are at...so i ran there and press Y and he kinda jumped at the wall....and fell backwards on the ground and tried to get up slowly holding his knee and it said injury sprain knee

I laughed hard....it kinda looked like when you play mlb the show..and there is a pop fly to the backstop and you use the catcher to go against the wall and he falls back after crashing the wall...it was just like that but it look like he wanted to jump into the stands...lol..it was a home game to..weird...
Shades of Gus Frerotte.....

I have never seen that before, but definitely cool.

I like how the players if hit really hard will get up slowly, kind of like they got their bells rung.

Twitch Stream

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »