Home

weird franchise stuff

This is a discussion on weird franchise stuff within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2008, 05:38 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
weird franchise stuff

So far I am loving the game, and I wanted to start my broncos franchise. I simmed the first season, cause I wanted to check out the NCAA draft class I imported. That all went really well and it was cool.

But afterwards, I finished up the offseason and went to the preseason. I went and looked at free agents for a kicker, and the free agent list in the preseason included Jason Taylor, Richard Seymour, and a couple other 90+ players.

I hope this isnt indicative of future offseasons, as that is really really unrealistic to have superstars just floating around in the preseason.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2008, 05:43 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: weird franchise stuff

Pick em up!

I say if the game wants you to...create a monster squad and then go into cap hell about 3 years later.

Go from the highest high to the lowest low....now that's the NFL life!
Old 08-13-2008, 05:50 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by the decider13
So far I am loving the game, and I wanted to start my broncos franchise. I simmed the first season, cause I wanted to check out the NCAA draft class I imported. That all went really well and it was cool.

But afterwards, I finished up the offseason and went to the preseason. I went and looked at free agents for a kicker, and the free agent list in the preseason included Jason Taylor, Richard Seymour, and a couple other 90+ players.

I hope this isnt indicative of future offseasons, as that is really really unrealistic to have superstars just floating around in the preseason.
I don't feel that is unrealistic, those players are old and very well could be left in free agency next season. Jason Taylor is winding down his career....teams might shy away from him.
Old 08-13-2008, 06:01 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

In the preseason of my third year Drew Brees and Reggie Bush were both available, the next year in the preseason Peyton Manning was there. Reggie Bush has gone about 3 seasons now without being signed.

My big problem is when I sim to my net pick in the draft the computer automatically accepts trades, is there anyway to stop this aside from simming each individual pick?
Old 08-13-2008, 06:02 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

Realistic to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2008, 06:04 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by the decider13

if you have this problem during the offseason all you will need to do is offer them a contract. This will then make the cpu start bidding on them so even if you don't want the player you can refuse if he does want to sign with you. This is what people are starting to do with atleast some of the top QBs so teams will sign them and won't go all draft crazy with 16-26 QBs taken in the first round.

Now if this player gets cut before the preseason then you will probably haveto wait until someone needs to fill a hole or until next offseason. Just pretent like the player had some off the field issues and was cut.

Old 08-13-2008, 06:04 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc21045
In the preseason of my third year Drew Brees and Reggie Bush were both available, the next year in the preseason Peyton Manning was there. Reggie Bush has gone about 3 seasons now without being signed.

My big problem is when I sim to my net pick in the draft the computer automatically accepts trades, is there anyway to stop this aside from simming each individual pick?
Bush not being signed is a potential problem....hmmm
Old 08-13-2008, 06:43 PM   #8
Rookie

idesign2's Arena

OVR: 7

According to the review below, the CPU AI in franchise mode is completely screwed up. Since I never play head-to-head, knowing this will make Madden 09 a rental for me, nothing more.

http://www.gameshark.com/reviews/304...-09-Review.htm

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »