Home

Ask and you shall receive.

This is a discussion on Ask and you shall receive. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 08:35 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Ask and you shall receive.

Pictures or it didn't happen... lol

Thanks for the pictures! That makes me feel much better.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:39 PM   #10
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59

I'm willing to bet that users not seeing progression/regression are using modified rosters. Whether it is created players, equipment tweaks, number changes, etc. and I'm thinking that is what is screwing up the prog/regress system in franchise mode.

CB, are you using default rosters or the August 11 roster update? Have you edited anything. Just wondering and trying to get to the bottom of this.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:44 PM   #11
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoe8865
I'm willing to bet that users not seeing progression/regression are using modified rosters. Whether it is created players, equipment tweaks, number changes, etc. and I'm thinking that is what is screwing up the prog/regress system in franchise mode.

CB, are you using default rosters or the August 11 roster update? Have you edited anything. Just wondering and trying to get to the bottom of this.

I am using the roster update that was put out over the weekend (Friday maybe?) that moved Favre to the Jets and made Pennington a free agent. I put Pennington on the 'Phins myself because there was no issues.

I have not edited one single thing. All I did was start up a franchise and started simming.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2008, 08:48 PM   #12
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59

That is exactly how my roster is right now too.

So what I'm wondering, is if the people claiming to see no progression/regression are using a more 'modified' roster w/ number changes to multiple players, created players (pacman jones, etc?), equipment edits, etc.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:54 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

I have a question about the large progressions. Did the players that had those large jumps have pretty good years the year before?
Old 08-13-2008, 09:01 PM   #14
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by chase10784
I have a question about the large progressions. Did the players that had those large jumps have pretty good years the year before?
Honestly I didn't look at stats while doing this. I was in a hurry to get these posted so that I could play the game.

Old 08-13-2008, 09:11 PM   #15
Rookie

okstate19's Arena

OVR: 5

Thanks CB. I agreed with you in the other thread that progression worked on some players. I was more worried that progression itself was especially for the rookies.

I saw that in your pics, Martellus Bennett went up to 81, while Fred Davis hit an 89. In my franchise, Martellus Bennett had actually progressed up to 91, while Davis was an 88.

It's good to see players like Troupe and Fred Taylor gain some though. That eases my fear about progession being solely for the young guys. (Veterans can have break-out years too)

So, in other words, Thanks for the pics and the time CB.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2008, 09:14 PM   #16
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by okstate19
Thanks CB. I agreed with you in the other thread that progression worked on some players. I was more worried that progression itself was especially for the rookies.

I saw that in your pics, Martellus Bennett went up to 81, while Fred Davis hit an 89. In my franchise, Martellus Bennett had actually progressed up to 91, while Davis was an 88.

It's good to see players like Troupe and Fred Taylor gain some though. That eases my fear about progession being solely for the young guys. (Veterans can have break-out years too)

So, in other words, Thanks for the pics and the time CB.

You're quite welcome.

Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »