Home

Something new I found + We need CPU sliders

This is a discussion on Something new I found + We need CPU sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 02:36 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Something new I found + We need CPU sliders

we need CPU sliders, period. Robo-QB in madden 2009 isn't gonna stop man, hes gonna keep going and going completing and throwing everything in site with perfection. no over throws, or under throws. every single pass is the same from the CPU. only time they get incompletions is by INT or swatted balls at the line or by a cornerback. Also, CPU has a very very tough time running the ball against me. I put the slider all the way to the CPU's advantage(+20) on running the football and the CPU has no chance, averaging 2 yards per carry. No long runs whats so ever. Nothing!. Even the best backs can't get anything on me. Another thing I noticed too about the QB (which ppl already know) is the HIGH % percentage stats for passsing when simulated. I simulated a bunch of seasons and every QB averages 65-71% completion. Kinda fake. Thats why we need sliders to control the CPU and make it more realistic in gameplay/stats.

Another thing I also noticed that I haven't heard from anyone yet. IS that there must be some kind of GLITCH with the "Safety" 2-point stat on defense. I looked at every team for 3 seasons and each team averaged like 4-5 safety's a year???? wtf?. safety's are hard to come by in real life, maybe a couple happen a season that i can remember. But man teams in madden had like 3-5 safety's. Guess the stat engine had to have something wrong with it.

Last edited by destroyer; 08-14-2008 at 02:38 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2008, 02:40 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Something new I found + We need CPU sliders

Another glitch I found too is that when you do "practice" and you check the teams helmet reflection, it has the patriots stadium reflection for all the teams in practice. Anyone else notice this?
Old 08-14-2008, 02:51 AM   #3
Don't Trust Influencers

ChubbyBanana's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyer
Another glitch I found too is that when you do "practice" and you check the teams helmet reflection, it has the patriots stadium reflection for all the teams in practice. Anyone else notice this?
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...on-thread.html

As for Robo QB I don't have any issues with it. You just have to play good defense, IMO.

Twitch Stream
Old 08-14-2008, 03:15 AM   #4
Rookie

Yeah, I understand about mixing it up and whatnot on defense. But I've tried everything for 2 whole days now and I still can't stop the pass. Did the sliders, blitz more whatever. Every single pass CPU throws is perfect. I remember in last-gen CPU was pretty much the same with passing but at least I could alter that with the CPU sliders and bam, their passes would be off target 30% more of the time resulting in realistic stats, drives, gameplay and all that......
Old 08-14-2008, 03:35 AM   #5
Don't Trust Influencers

ChubbyBanana's Arena

OVR: 46

Are you using pass/run commit a lot? I mix up my sets, and If I notice the CPU QB making a bunch of audibles I quickly chess-game my defense into something completely different.

And keep pressure on the QB with the pass rush...don't special move right away, wait until your guy is out of his stance first.

Let me know how those work for ya.

Twitch Stream
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2008, 03:56 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

I have no problems with the CPU QB having a high passing percentage seeing that I got tons of pressure, batted balls, and break ups
Old 08-14-2008, 07:12 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 31

I agree we need CPU sliders!

But robo QB isn't hurting me. Sure the QB's complete about 5-10% more of there passes but I have seen overthrows, underthrows and batted balls at the line....etc

The only thing I complain about is I have way to many INT's!!
Old 08-14-2008, 07:55 AM   #8
Pro

globalbeats7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcain

The only thing I complain about is I have way to many INT's!!
then lower the INT slider. its pretty simple!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »