Home

Collinsworth's Commentary

This is a discussion on Collinsworth's Commentary within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2008, 04:21 PM   #1
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11
Collinsworth's Commentary

Haven't picked up the game yet, but overall, how do you guys like his addition in this game? And does his lines get repeated a lot?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2008, 04:22 PM   #2
Pro

ChiTownKid's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Collinsworth's Commentary

Collinsworth is really good, but his sidekick sucks.
Old 08-14-2008, 04:25 PM   #3
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16

He and Steve Kerr (NBA Live) are EA gold when it comes to Color IMO

Now if they can just get Joe Buck for PbP Madden that would be cool... Marv Albert sounds way better at PbP than Hammonds so it's not like EA doesn't know how to do it. Although TH is better than I though he would be.
Old 08-14-2008, 04:26 PM   #4
Th* *p*r*t**n *f Sp*rts

CS10029's Arena

OVR: 32

Yeah the other dude is horrible. Collinsworth is sick though.
I don't like the Yankees, I like the Red Sox, I don't like the Lakers, I like the Celtics, I hate the Canadiens and I love the Bruins. Soccer is the best sport on Earth, but most Americans are too ignorant to realize it. I am American.

This is My Music:
www.youtube.com/user/christoffascott
Old 08-14-2008, 04:26 PM   #5
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000
Haven't picked up the game yet, but overall, how do you guys like his addition in this game? And does his lines get repeated a lot?

Collinsworth is awesome but his lines do tend to repeat too much. I would like to hear more about specific players by both commentators. Hammond's voice does not flow at all during the game. If EA is going to keep him, they really should bring him back in and record him in a more comfortable situation. When both are talking, it doesn't even sound like they are in the same country which really takes away from the game in my opinion.

Overall, it is not a game breaker and it beats radio guy by a mile so I am not going to complain any further about it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2008, 04:30 PM   #6
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

Thanks guys. By the way...is freezing a serious issue on the PS3?
Old 08-14-2008, 04:30 PM   #7
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Collinsworth is really good....He's a natural. It doesn't sound like he's reading lines or anything.....Tom Hammond not so much.......
Old 08-14-2008, 04:30 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
Collinsworth is awesome but his lines do tend to repeat too much. I would like to hear more about specific players by both commentators. Hammond's voice does not flow at all during the game. If EA is going to keep him, they really should bring him back in and record him in a more comfortable situation. When both are talking, it doesn't even sound like they are in the same country which really takes away from the game in my opinion.

Overall, it is not a game breaker and it beats radio guy by a mile so I am not going to complain any further about it.
Can we get an announcer who likes to use people names, insted of the damn generic "the runningback gets the ball" or "what a catch by the wide receiver."? I want to hear the play by play guy say "what a grab by Randy Moss." This rarely ever happens, and I think he only says the last name of the stars. Collinsworth will go in detail about a player sometimes which is cool. But, having a real announcer come in and just go through the motions is just pointless in my opinion. I give Collinsworth credit for actually putting some effort into making his commentary feel natural. Good job Chris! And give that guy a raise!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »