Home

Alright, tips for pass defense?

This is a discussion on Alright, tips for pass defense? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 09:51 PM   #17
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Alright, tips for pass defense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhughes1985
if u was an all madden veteran u wouldn't be asking for tips. LOL. so that means u not a veteran.
do what?

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 08-14-2008, 09:54 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowlerguy92
When I KNOW it's going to be a pass I typically run a Cover 3 and stuff a LOT of linebackers in the backfield to try and cover up the middle.
So even if its a 4 or 5 wide set you will have more LBs then DBs? I always played it safe and just manned up. I'll give it a try tonight.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:10 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsus8091
So even if its a 4 or 5 wide set you will have more LBs then DBs? I always played it safe and just manned up. I'll give it a try tonight.
Well typically I control one of them.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:23 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilgamesh348
The patch that's supposed to come out in the next few days is supposed to fix QB arm accuracy.
I don't think the issue is the QB accuracy so much as soft coverage.

WRs get wide open. For instance, curls were difficult last year, this year they get a lot of room.

In Cover 3, the OLBs don't get out to the flats like they did in previous years.

In Cover 2, the CBs are barely jamming and they stay in the short zone so corners are easier or if they go post or slant, the WRs get inside the safeties easily.

Man is easily beat.

Pass pressure is not there, at least many of the plays which worked last year.

They really tried to tone down the defense as a reaction against 08, because of criticisms about too many ints. and defensive TDs.

They took a sledgehammer approach rather than more precise tools.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:25 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by wco81
I don't think the issue is the QB accuracy so much as soft coverage.

WRs get wide open. For instance, curls were difficult last year, this year they get a lot of room.

In Cover 3, the OLBs don't get out to the flats like they did in previous years.

In Cover 2, the CBs are barely jamming and they stay in the short zone so corners are easier or if they go post or slant, the WRs get inside the safeties easily.

Man is easily beat.

Pass pressure is not there, at least many of the plays which worked last year.

They really tried to tone down the defense as a reaction against 08, because of criticisms about too many ints. and defensive TDs.

They took a sledgehammer approach rather than more precise tools.
But what can be done about it? I'm tired of just getting passed on all the time. It even happens online though that may just be my own problem but still I see a lot of the same crap online that you mentioned. What should we do about it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2008, 10:32 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 12

Maybe we need to lobby for a patch.

Madden 06 was like this, after the more aggressive defense of Madden 05.

All they may need to do re-do the sliders and make it the default, so that online games will benefit from better defense.

In Madden 2002 for the PC, the defense was absolutely horrid. But they actually patched it that year, about 2-3 months after the release, and it was one of the best-playing Maddens. QBs who released off the back foot threw errant passes and you could get good pressure without using any glitches or nanos, stacking or looping the DL.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:46 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 5

tune the sliders and control the fs on d
Old 08-15-2008, 12:13 AM   #24
Pro

Ankido's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhughes1985
dude why are yall whinning about how good the cpu complete passes.... do you want a challenge or do u want to beat the cpu in the dirt. In that case, if u want to beat the cpu in the dirt but in ncaa 09 and run option all day because i love the challenge in stopping the cpu on madden just get ur stick skills better ROOKIE. LMAO
Yea we're whining because ALL MADDEN is too much for us and we need to play on rookie. Dude, are you not reading what everyone is posting? The CPU accuracy is insane. I've had a killer stop and on 3rd down the CPU would find ways to get the ball to the receiver even when I knew I had that sucker. We're not whining we're trying to figure out a solution. I stopped playing for about 5 hrs now because of frustration. I want to make sure everything is perfect before I start my franchise.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »