Home

NCAA>Madden Player Models

This is a discussion on NCAA>Madden Player Models within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2008, 10:18 PM   #1
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29
NCAA>Madden Player Models

Agree or disagree?

I just think they look much better overall. From the helmets to the the shoes, having flack jackets and back plates, MUCH better looking visors, more helmet and face mask options, NCAA has the Cowboy collar and huge bulge neck rolls while Madden has just one option(the bulge). NCAA with Nike and Adidas shoe options as well as the generic option. I wish both would add team color shoes in all three brands.

The one part of the players body/equipment I don't like in either are the pants. They look very strange in NCAA where they are much longer than most players wear them. They don't look as bad in Madden, but still I would prefer guys wearing pants above the knee and not below.

But I still feel that NCAA "overall" has better models.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2008, 10:21 PM   #2
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: NCAA>Madden Player Models

While I will agree that NCAA has better options as far as equipment, I can't agree that the overall player models are better. Madden's player models are just great looking....They both have great models but overall I'd give the edge to Madden. Their player models are just sexy.....
Old 08-14-2008, 10:32 PM   #3
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

NO not at all. i actually do not even mind if def tackles are over weight in madden 09 because they look decenet that way whereas in ncaa the upper bodies look too bulky and top heavy.

Getting older gives ya a gut...THATS Madden! NOT NCAA...
Old 08-15-2008, 01:40 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Agree. Ncaa models look better. Madden models are a bit too blocky. The Madden models textures are much nicer though.
Old 08-15-2008, 02:25 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 6

I agree about the shoes. EA has the Reebok license, so why do we get stupid white shoes with the Vector logo on them, when we could have some cool team color cleats??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2008, 03:11 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

I think as far as uniforms and accessories goes, NCAA has the edge by far. But Madden has better player models. One thing that has always bugged me about Madden is the socks. Its a really minor thing but, most players wear their socks so that there is very little white showing. NFL rules are such that the bottom of the sock must be white. But the loop hole is they don't specify how much white has to show. So most players, especially skill positions, either have almost all white showing or all color showing. But in Madden all players have half and half.
Old 08-15-2008, 03:49 AM   #7
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

I guess the models in Madden are a bit better. But the equipment options and uniforms just make the models look so much better.

And I agree. I was bummed that there was no option for sock length. I really hope in the near future we can get really intricate equipment customization.

Old 08-15-2008, 04:49 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by likesbacon
I think as far as uniforms and accessories goes, NCAA has the edge by far. But Madden has better player models. One thing that has always bugged me about Madden is the socks. Its a really minor thing but, most players wear their socks so that there is very little white showing. NFL rules are such that the bottom of the sock must be white. But the loop hole is they don't specify how much white has to show. So most players, especially skill positions, either have almost all white showing or all color showing. But in Madden all players have half and half.
this has always bugged me as well

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »