Home

Synchronized Press Coverage Whiff

This is a discussion on Synchronized Press Coverage Whiff within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2008, 10:42 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 12
Synchronized Press Coverage Whiff

From time to time the entire secondary will miss it's press coverage and continue forward toward and beyond the line of scrimmage while the receiver runs down the field wide open. What's crazy is they tend to all whiff at the same time, leaving every receiver open. I replayed one of these occurrences and the DB ended up 10 yards on the other side of the line of scrimmage. It looked like he was blitzing. He was in a press three deep and it seemed like he thought his zone was 10 yards in the wrong direction. Anyone else see this? I know it's happened in the last two Madden's. It's frustrating when you've been in press coverage or are blitzing and all of the sudden you have 20 yards of separation between the DB and receiver.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2008, 11:06 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Synchronized Press Coverage Whiff

yup, someone had posted a video about what your talking about. ridiculous, and as the dbs arent ******** enough
Old 08-14-2008, 11:39 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 12

I didn't see the vid. It seems to happen at the most inopportune time as well. It's hard enough to play pass D without that.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:58 PM   #4
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

OMFG! I have this happen nearly every time I bump the Receivers. And it upsets me cause its what my Packers Corners can do. Al Harris is one of the most physical corners you will ever see, yet he cant jam a bum WR like Hank Baskett to save his life. Same for Woodson. And the rest of our core is very good in Pass Coverage. Yet press coverage is practically worthless.

Defense completely sucks this year.

Old 08-15-2008, 12:04 AM   #5
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

At first glance, I thought this was an Olympic thread...

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2008, 12:15 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

Hm. I wonder what is causing that. I just tried it two times right now to bump the receivers at the los and they didn't run about 5 yards foward then turn around all at the same time.

Any ideas?
Old 08-15-2008, 12:46 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 6

Why can't we choose which WR we want to press anymore? Why must I make my entire secondary play press? If that feature is in 09, I must be blind.
Old 08-15-2008, 12:49 AM   #8
Rookie

ryby6969's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootzilla
From time to time the entire secondary will miss it's press coverage and continue forward toward and beyond the line of scrimmage while the receiver runs down the field wide open. What's crazy is they tend to all whiff at the same time, leaving every receiver open. I replayed one of these occurrences and the DB ended up 10 yards on the other side of the line of scrimmage. It looked like he was blitzing. He was in a press three deep and it seemed like he thought his zone was 10 yards in the wrong direction. Anyone else see this? I know it's happened in the last two Madden's. It's frustrating when you've been in press coverage or are blitzing and all of the sudden you have 20 yards of separation between the DB and receiver.

lol, pretty authentic shiet, bro

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »