Home

EA Response to Fatigue discussion

This is a discussion on EA Response to Fatigue discussion within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2008, 04:52 PM   #33
EA Game Changer

OVR: 14
Re: EA Response to Fatigue discussion

I don't think that's very fair to not have them fatigue from no-huddles. The offense should be getting tired as well too correct? So it should still be even playing field.

If the offensive players are to tired to execute properly (more drop passes, accuracy off, not as fast, more false starts), it will discourage players from no huddling so much because it's better to have healthier players then fatigue players.
Old 08-15-2008, 04:53 PM   #34
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
Yep...it was called "Fair Play" and I miss it dearly.
thats one of the first things I noticed when I made the next gen jump a few months ago
Old 08-15-2008, 05:01 PM   #35
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZRr1275
Well even if fatigue exists the players never sub out anyway. Players should be subbing in and out. I say you patch fatigue so it is how it was for madden 08 and just lock fatigue to off for online games. For sim guys this kind of screws the game up a bit. Thanks anyway though.
No I think it's fine the way it is...Madden 08's fatigue was just way overdone. I can sense the fatigue like he said with players missing tackles and not wrapping up as efficiently. Plus I do see players get subbed in every once in a while. I'm happy with it the way it is. Just keep working on patch #2 and accelerated clocks please
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2008, 05:05 PM   #36
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore
No I think it's fine the way it is...Madden 08's fatigue was just way overdone. I can sense the fatigue like he said with players missing tackles and not wrapping up as efficiently. Plus I do see players get subbed in every once in a while. I'm happy with it the way it is. Just keep working on patch #2 and accelerated clocks please
When I play with 11 minute quarters and adjusted sub in/out sliders I expect people to be leaving and entering. When I play with that they don't, EVER. Even if fatigue isn't as strong in madden if they patch it it definatly needs to be amplified.
Old 08-15-2008, 05:05 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 1

Im fine with it. I mean at least someone came on and talked about it. Its nice to hear they knew what they were doing. I mean playing last year was a lot higher scoring. I know this year has been a lot lower scoring and a lot more defense. Which is kind of nice.
Old 08-15-2008, 05:10 PM   #38
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southtigers
Im fine with it. I mean at least someone came on and talked about it. Its nice to hear they knew what they were doing. I mean playing last year was a lot higher scoring. I know this year has been a lot lower scoring and a lot more defense. Which is kind of nice.
Agreed. I mean I can understand why this would piss some people off, but for the most part the game plays pretty well. I've had some really good games (close defensive struggles and some high scoring affairs) which I couldn't say about 08. Keep up the good work fellas, if 09 is so good I can't wait to see what you guys do with Madden 2010.
Old 08-15-2008, 05:15 PM   #39
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore
Agreed. I mean I can understand why this would piss some people off, but for the most part the game plays pretty well. I've had some really good games (close defensive struggles and some high scoring affairs) which I couldn't say about 08. Keep up the good work fellas, if 09 is so good I can't wait to see what you guys do with Madden 2010.
Oh don't get me wrong. I love this game. I just don't like how some of the little things like fatigue are off.
Old 08-15-2008, 05:26 PM   #40
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

I manually sub players myself, so I don't know if the auto sub is or isn't working. I do however know that fatigue is working, as I seen the indicators that Sean pointed out.

But I agree with TJ, in order to keep offline people from getting punished because of online cheesers, please bring back fair play.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »