Home

Disturbing "GM" results

This is a discussion on Disturbing "GM" results within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 05:59 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Disturbing "GM" results

OK so when not "playing the game" with my friends, I really prefer to let the CPU play the games (CPU vs CPU) and play GM. I am sure I am not alone here. However in doing so its clear that the stats get REALLY skewed for the CPU played games versus the simulated games which in past years may have been addressed with sliders.

So my abnormal results are below. Note that I let the CPU play all my games with the Chargers each week while using "sim this week" on the remaining weekly games. Also note I used the default rosters.

Passing:
Phillips Rivers led the league in interceptions far and away with 37 followed by Jay Cutler at 27. Like Rivers or not, those stats are off.

Rushing:
LT lead the league is rush attempts with 425 followed by Marshawn Lynch with 324 and Ronnie Brown with 312. In fact only a total of 5 rushers had over 300 attempts.

LT lead the league with the lowest AVG per rush of any rusher with at least 200 attempts. At 2.3 per. Earnest Graham followed LT with a 2.5 yard average. Clearly a problem here.

LT also led the league in broken tackles with 129. Second was Marshawn again with 67. Wow big difference there.

Antonio Gates led all receivers with 391 YAC. Torry Holt second with 318 that seems strange since Gates is a TE!

Lets look at defense where it gets even worse

Shawne Merriman, Stephen Cooper, Eric Weddle, Quinton Jammer and Antonio Cromartie were 1-5 in tackles on the year with 147,136,128,117 and 106 tackles respectively. Talk about domination!!! Brian Urlacher came in sixth with 104.

Remarkably for just a dominating defense the sacks were non existent. Top sacker on this dominating defense? 4 sacks by Merriman....hmmm.

Top Interceptors in the league? You guessed it...Chargers dominate yet again with Cromartie leading the league with...ready for this? 21 picks! second place goes to Jammer with 14, Stephen Cooper with 11 (huh???) and Eric Weddle with 9...4th went to Jason Webster with 8 picks. Seems a little odd don't you think?

So is this just bad coding, something that can be patched or will sliders get it done?

For the record I played on All Madden for half the year and switched to All Pro the last half to try an fix all these anomalies but there was no real difference. In 08 I used sliders and used all-pro which worked much better
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2008, 06:00 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69
Re: Disturbing "GM" results

Bad coding? LOL, you're not playing the game the way it's meant to be played. This is a non-issue.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »