Home

Great now thats its raining the only way I can tell two teams apart is the helmet?!?!

This is a discussion on Great now thats its raining the only way I can tell two teams apart is the helmet?!?! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2008, 11:57 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: Great now thats its raining the only way I can tell two teams apart is the helmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
Where did i say it personally affected me? All i said was they wont ever make anyone happy. A true statement. I said Madden had some issues. True or False? True. I said alot of us really like it. True or False? True. Now go look at all the threads in the forum, there are more 3-5 post threads about the same old stuff versus the 150+ pages in the impressions thread of positive stuff.

Don't need to go all internet tough guy on us here. The point i made was you would think EA gave us a game that had three blind mice chasing a cartoon ballerina.

If you dont like the game, thats fine, and you are well within your rights to complain, but get your facts straight and read my thread before you start pointing fingers and making up arguments.
"but by looking at all the threads" you generalized the entire forum into a bunch of complaining old women. Whether or not it was the way you meant to say it..........clearly if it bothers you enough to bring it up in a post it must affect you personally.
Old 08-15-2008, 11:57 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: Great now thats its raining the only way I can tell two teams apart is the helmet

I think its awesome..and EA didn't even pump up this improvement...unbelievable.
Old 08-15-2008, 11:59 PM   #11
MVP

mastershake88's Arena

OVR: 21

I just like the grass to be torn up.

and some other things to be fixed.
Decade of Excellence
FHS '06, UMBC,'13,CCBC '15 UMUC '15
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2008, 12:23 AM   #12
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

I think it looks really good. Thats real football. If the field was like that.........even better
Old 08-16-2008, 09:16 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 4

The mud on the players looks hot, but very exaggerated. I see another option/slider opportunity here... with the advanced ways that fields are kept in this era, you just don't see players get muddy like that anymore in the pros. If this were the 50's or 60's I could see it, but things have changed in the pros with field conditioning. I don't even see that at the Collegiate level. High School you still see it because grounds aren't kept as well at the HS level, but from big time College and to the pros it just doesn't happen anymore.

I also notice that players get dirtier after half time no matter what. Like players that were cleaner before the half ended are dirtier immediately as the second half starts. You'll also notice players covered in mud in the half and end game replays during times of the game where you know they weren't that dirty yet.

There are no light weather settings in this game. Rain and Snow in this game on both of their respective settings is over done. We actually lost light weather settings and temp controls in the same year. With the lack of field degradation to top it off, this one is a head scratcher.

... Still looks nice though.
Old 08-16-2008, 09:36 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 21

It's too bad that the uni's get muddy even on field turf.

• PSN ID: MaddenDew
Old 08-16-2008, 06:11 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by orhymes
Feel sorry for yourself if you can't discern complaints and questions.
No, he has a valid point, people whined and moaned about having progressively dirty uniforms, they do them to perfection and people STILL whine, they can't win for losing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2008, 06:17 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 22

..im not complaining..its definately a nice touch imho regardless if its a tad over done on average rainy games..i think its a 'PERFECT' fit for the heavy rain games though..the fields just need to match the dirty uni's on the VERY heavy rainy games...because when i watch a real nfl game.. the uni's do get that dirty when its actually raining very hard... if only the field would get as muddy, would be uber sweet.

It gives Madden a tad atmosphere thats badly needed in the game..its definately nice to see...hopefully next year they can polish up on the overall atmosphere in madden 2010 with some pregame, half time, playoff, superbowl, side line cut scene atmsophere,etc,etc

Last edited by Moegames; 08-16-2008 at 06:20 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »