Home

Anyone enjoying their franchise

This is a discussion on Anyone enjoying their franchise within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2008, 05:44 PM   #9
vs. the World

frankplastictrees's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Anyone enjoying their franchise

Yeah, I'm having a lot of fun....well other than the fact that I should be 4-0 instead of 2-2, since in two straight weeks I had a team beat me with 20 seconds left even though I led both games the whole time. Oh well...
Old 08-16-2008, 06:27 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 9

good to hear jaysworld! How many times has it frozen?

I am glad to hear people enjoying the game especially franchise.

Joshinji, no freezes for you?
College Hoops 2k8 - 12-13 Legacy
psn: madness13
Old 08-16-2008, 06:27 PM   #11
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

I'm just playing around in it to see what I can get,writing it down then backing out. Haven't played anything yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2008, 08:26 PM   #12
Pro

GOBLUE_08's Arena

OVR: 10

Im havin a blast with my Dolphins franchise even though we suck I just beat the Pats 13-6 after getting blown out by the jets and the cards 28-7 and 29-13 respectively. I tried one with the raiders but i forgot about the cap issues after i signed my draft picks and it got ugly. but i am certainly having a better time with this years madden than i have in a long long time.
Old 08-16-2008, 08:43 PM   #13
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBLUE_08
Im havin a blast with my Dolphins franchise even though we suck I just beat the Pats 13-6 after getting blown out by the jets and the cards 28-7 and 29-13 respectively. I tried one with the raiders but i forgot about the cap issues after i signed my draft picks and it got ugly. but i am certainly having a better time with this years madden than i have in a long long time.
good to hear! no freezing?
College Hoops 2k8 - 12-13 Legacy
psn: madness13
Old 08-16-2008, 08:51 PM   #14
Pro

Franchise is terrible, to be honest. If you want an immersive franchise experience, you're better off getting that from Head Coach than from Madden. The two don't even compare, Head Coach is far and wide the better experience for franchise mode users like myself.
Old 08-16-2008, 09:11 PM   #15
Rookie

AftershockFx's Arena

OVR: 6

My biggest frustration with my Steelers franchise is roster room. Since the rosters aren't currently updated I have 4 QB's on my roster ... Ben, Batch, Dixon and Leftwich even though Batch is expected to miss at least half of the season. I also have 2 punters on my roster because the game doesn't realize Daniel Sepulveda is out for the entire season so I have Ernester as well. I really wish they'd fix the injured reserve issue for guys being out for the entire season. The main roster also does not have all of the Steelers draft picks on their roster even though they're all currently under contract. For example I cannot sign FS Ryan Mundy from the Free Agents without releasing a player ...

All in all the franchise mode is the exact same as last year with no changes at all. The draft logic makes zero sense with imported draft classes and of course there is no practice squad roster which would be really nice to have. Head Coach 09 has a far more in depth franchise experience than Madden 09. I haven't experienced any freezes so far. Only 2 instances where I received a disc unreadable error when the disc is in mint condition and my 360 is perfectly fine. Other than that it's ok.
MLB: Pittsburgh Pirates
NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2008, 09:32 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2

If by Franchise you mean the act of playing multiple 16 game seasons with an NFL team, then sure it's fun/fine.

However, if you're into the core aspects of Franchise (ie. realism in drafting, actual player progression/regression, free agent logic, etc.) then no, the mode is pretty bad. Someone mentioned the roster problem too, this is also a real hinderance, especially right now since many teams haven't set their rosters. Forsett for example (RB drafted this year) is a Free Agent in the game because there isn't enough room on SEA's roster for him ... Patriots too, being my team I tried to get their roster as accurate as possible, but it's basically impossible because there just isn't enough room. I had to release Matt Cassel and Tank Williams just to sign LaMont Jordan and a CAP. If you're looking for a sim football mode, Franchise has too many issues IMO The gameplay is fun, but not good enough to overlook these problems for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »