Home

POSSIBLE RUNNING DISCOVERY

This is a discussion on POSSIBLE RUNNING DISCOVERY within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2008, 10:13 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 4
POSSIBLE RUNNING DISCOVERY

posted this at another site...didnt seem to get much replies..but helped me out a ton.

as you know madden uses the analog sticks....as your running around presnap on d..you can notice your player will walk if u push stick slightly/jog if u push more/run if u push even more.

NOW i went to practice mode...to see wtf was going on w/ my running game...and i was SHOCKED to see that the RUNNING back is not controlled w/ analog...ie: it is digital on the analog stick

SO if u push stick a little..ure rb doesnt move...if u push it more...he still doesnt move...if u push it hard...he runs. Its either stop or go w/ rb.

ANYONE who's played socom...will understand this point...using the analog stick (instead of the d pad) for RUNNING ONLY is a huge disadvantage...this is because the stick gives u a HUGE dead zone....taking u milliseconds longer to cut or react.
Kinda like driving an old lincoln (u can turn stearing wheel a few degrees and tires dont move) VS BMW (tight)

another huge revalation (to me) was that if u HOLD r2 the entire run...u will generally do much better as sprinting is not pulsatile..and unlike prior maddens you can move/stiffarm/juk while pressing r2. ONLY way to keep up w/ lead blocker actually.

ruby

Last edited by jeffruby; 08-16-2008 at 10:18 PM. Reason: mistake
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2008, 10:15 PM   #2
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: POSSIBLE RUNNING DISCOVERY

Maybe I'm just tired, but you are still saying to use the analog stick, correct?
Old 08-16-2008, 10:18 PM   #3
MVP

The reason people can't run the ball in this game is because they are using sprint too much. If you watch the new running tips video on the marketplace that they added today they give some good tips.
Old 08-16-2008, 10:19 PM   #4
Pro

ure not tired..i am..just edited it...shoulda said "analog stick huge DISadvantag"

srry
Old 08-16-2008, 10:20 PM   #5
Don't Trust Influencers

ChubbyBanana's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
Maybe I'm just tired, but you are still saying to use the analog stick, correct?
I think his big discovery was that the analog stick is digital in the game. It's not sensitive to how far you press it, it's either run, or stop.

-AS

Twitch Stream

Last edited by ChubbyBanana; 08-16-2008 at 10:21 PM. Reason: errors
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2008, 10:20 PM   #6
Pro

the SPRINT thing is True....i agree....BUT if u have a lead block ie: Iform-..ull need it from getgo to follow that fb.

in single back...ill start slow...then r2 sprint when i see the hole...
Old 08-16-2008, 10:21 PM   #7
Banned

Bulldogs78's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
I don't get what he's saying myself. I wish I knew so I could get over this running thing.
Old 08-16-2008, 10:22 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilgamesh348
The reason people can't run the ball in this game is because they suck and don't understand football

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »