Home

Complaints aren't the problem

This is a discussion on Complaints aren't the problem within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-17-2008, 12:46 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 24
Re: Complaints aren't the problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavfan21
I agree with what you're saying, some of these threads get tedious and repetitive but I think 2 things might help:

1- people need to leave people alone when they voice an opinion. If you're not being personally attacked, who cares? Most of these threads get off track and stupid when someone takes it personally that another guy somewhere in the cosmos doesn't like the game and wants someone that has the power to fix it (like the community/EA personnel) hear him.

2- if the EA/Madden guys would acknowledge some of these complaints and at least say, we're looking into it/we'll see if it can be patched/we hear ya but we can't fix it till next year/etc. you'd see some these repeat complaints go away. The moderators as well could do a better job of going after the people that attack each other and not just lock up every negative thread. Or the Mods could at least say hey, why don't you PM Ian here's the link, etc. Some people may not know to do that. NOT SAYING the EA guys or Moderators have to do this, but I think it would help.

Disclaimer: the above only applies to people that have real/specific complaints with points. If people are just saying "this game sucks" but don't say WHY then they are douchey.

BTW-adembroski, my screen name is Juan Seguin from Maddenmania, thanks for some of the input on the Franchise Mode bug's research over there.
Good point, and absolutely right. People take the wrong things too personally. True, there is a bug and glitch thread already, an impressions thread, and other designated places to sort of keep similar commentary from flooding the place. So, posters should do a better job of seein' what threads are already available on a particular issue. But, to take someone else's opinion about a game so personally to the point of bein' offended is ridiculous.
Old 08-17-2008, 11:12 AM   #10
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Complaints aren't the problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAKE4742
Good point, and absolutely right. People take the wrong things too personally. True, there is a bug and glitch thread already, an impressions thread, and other designated places to sort of keep similar commentary from flooding the place. So, posters should do a better job of seein' what threads are already available on a particular issue. But, to take someone else's opinion about a game so personally to the point of bein' offended is ridiculous.

That's what I find so funny. IF someone you've never met, will never meet and don't know as more than a screen name doesn't agree with you....who cares? Is there really nothing else going on in people's lives?

My wife hates Arby's and I love it, I don't go off on her when she says "YECK" every time I mention it. It's her opinion. There could be 20 people outside Arby's holding signs proclaiming how gross it is and I am still going in to get my beef and cheddar biyatch!

This is a forum, let people share their opinions, IF they're doing it in a mature way and not cussing, getting personal, etc.

people that post replies just to attack someone is just stupid.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »