Home

Any update on Patch #2? Sorry if already posted.

This is a discussion on Any update on Patch #2? Sorry if already posted. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 09:41 PM   #41
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Any update on Patch #2? Sorry if already posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelation
I sincerely doubt there will even be a second patch, or at least one that will actually improve upon the game and it's features. Particularly things that are not superficial.

Look no further then last year following the release of Madden 08' as a good indication of things not to come.

Regardless, if there's to be a patch, then I imagine it will be called something different than "patch" #2. More along the lines of, Madden 2010.
I say there will be a patch 2. Lets see who's right.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2008, 09:42 PM   #42
Rookie

SirRoyal's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelation
I sincerely doubt there will even be a second patch, or at least one that will actually improve upon the game and it's features. Particularly things that are not superficial.

Look no further then last year following the release of Madden 08' as a good indication of things not to come.

Regardless, if there's to be a patch, then I imagine it will be called something different than "patch" #2. More along the lines of, Madden 2010.
They patched the disappearing FA pool last year.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:51 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 5

first thing they have to fix is the ROBO QB! Sorry, but an Madden game is 30-40% about passing-play. QB is the most important position and it's pretty much fu#### up. 1. the ridiculous completion-percentage and 2. the cpu-qb never under/overthrows someone. it's either blocked by the CB/safetys or an interception.
but most of u are aware of that problem as well.

accelerated clock would be fine as well, because that way we could run 13-15 minute quarters.

AND CPU-sliders!
Old 08-18-2008, 10:18 PM   #44
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alonzo
first thing they have to fix is the ROBO QB! Sorry, but an Madden game is 30-40% about passing-play. QB is the most important position and it's pretty much fu#### up. 1. the ridiculous completion-percentage and 2. the cpu-qb never under/overthrows someone. it's either blocked by the CB/safetys or an interception.
but most of u are aware of that problem as well.

accelerated clock would be fine as well, because that way we could run 13-15 minute quarters.

AND CPU-sliders!
This was posted a few posts above yours. This should address your concerns.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ch-update.html
Old 08-18-2008, 10:53 PM   #45
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by berad88
Fooling you not us. I actually like the game.

I will agree that progression is a bit odd in 09 but I would rather have a few players gaining a few points of progression every season than the progression of the past which would fill my team up with tons of players rated in the 90s.
For the sake of argument. Would it be acceptable for your bank to or anywhere you shop to keep putting out substandard products and services?

At first you go OO nice feature ... but wait where is my account balance? I don't want to know my account balance in pesos!

If the top need of my team 10 teams are lineman and all of them pick QBs is that ok?

I love football thats why I keep buying... ironic now that I can afford to buy the thing, I am more cautious of my purchase. I will probably rent 09 though to give it its fair shot, but the non progression and horrible draft choices are a letdown to me.

10 is looking good with them working on linemen interaction. That will fix everything. Line interaction = a pocket = passrush = better defensive play = dream. Fix the line and you have fixed madden - android eyes behind their head DBs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2008, 11:06 PM   #46
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

I'm confident a 2nd patch is coming, and even the DLC. I think Ian and co will be looking to make a good impression on the enthusiast sector of the Madden fanbase heading into their first real version in the commander's seat.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:12 PM   #47
Pro

OVR: 8

Why is it that I have to watch videos of this game. I really wanna buy it, but the franchise stuff is messing with me. (/crosses fingers and hopes for the best.... buying it friday i guess)
Old 08-19-2008, 12:08 AM   #48
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

I sure hope progression is fixed

OR

they open up the player rating editor in Franchise Mode which would allow is to control progression/regression ourselves (a la College Hoops and NBA2K).
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »