Home

Have you played on "Pro" setting?

This is a discussion on Have you played on "Pro" setting? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2008, 03:58 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Have you played on "Pro" setting?

I got a fix for your woes. Get the Wii version. Most of the problems solved! For whatever reason, EA seemed to have brought their "A" game to the Wii (IF set up correctly)

Now, I am no master of Madden like a lot of you folks but i'm no slouch/rookie either and I am LOVING the Wii version BIG TIME!

I can't wait to get home and continue my franchise! The controls definitely take some getting used to, especially coming from the awesomeness of the 360's controller but after a few games (and/or a lot of practice sessions) I have grown accustomed to it and REALLY am having a great experience.

Just my thoughts. Wish the 360/PS3 games played the same.

I am getting a TON of sacks, injuries, penalties (which are SORLEY missing, for the most part on the 360/PS3) and errant passes are abundant!

If you are a hardcore Madden fan but don't have a Wii NOW is the time to pull the trigger!
"Because he's the hero Gotham deserves...but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him...because he can take it...because he's not a hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector...the Dark Knight."
Old 08-18-2008, 04:52 PM   #10
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAKE4742
Playin' the game on Pro is probaly gonna be the only way the see those neat jukes and such in all of the marketin' vids-as far as the runnin' game goes. You right, Pro is pretty much when their numbers matter, but the game is so easy at that mode. This game simply is not well balanced. I look at the replays on all modes, just to see the differences, and it just looks like lazy development. Play on Pro and lineman will simply stand there and watch the play happen. Play on All-Pro, and the fattest lineman will chase down L.T.! It's just a double-edged sword. Play on pro, and the game might just be a little more entertainin (easy). Play the game on All-Pro, and you'll swear it looks nothin' like the hype. It's a train wreck. But, I'll give it a try on Pro.
I couldn't agree more. I've tried the game on Pro and I just dominated the CPU on every aspect. Once I bumped it up to All-Pro, I wanted to run to cry cuz I got beat down like a red-headed step-child. I've since been playing on a custom setting using the 2 controller method. It's as "balanced" as it's going to get unfortunately. I've had some pretty good games using that method, it's neither too easy nor too hard. I've had to earn my rushing yards and had to make quick (and correct) reads in the passing game. I guess I'll play on that setting until I start dominating the cpu and then I'll think about All-Pro.
Old 08-18-2008, 05:11 PM   #11
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15

Just finished" Saints (me) @ Carolina

Won 20-13.

Intercepted Delome on a drive to tie the game with16 seconds left. It was a floated duck due to blitz pressure under the zone out of a Dime Defense.

Before I switched to "Pro" that ball was completed every time. The pressure never rattled the QB

Team Rushing: Saints 105 Panthers 48

Running Backs:

Deuce 19 for 87 yards, avg 4.5, long 17, BTK 2
Reggie 6 for 18 yards, avg 3.0, long 10, BTK 4
Deangelo 11 for 46 yards, avg 4.1, long 9, BTK 4

I'm not sure how good the Panthers run game is so I don't know how this should read but a 4.1 avg is nice to see. Wish they would have run more but I did play most of the game ahead

Passing:

Brees 17/21=157 yards, 80%, long 18, 1 TD,1 INT
Delhomme 22/31=233Yards, 70%, long 24, 1 TD, 1 INT
Moore 1/2=10 yards, 50%, 1 INT (inj sub)

Top Receivers

Hackett 7/98 1 TD 2 drops
Shockey 7/69 1 TD
S. Smith 5/67 1 drop

4 sacks by me, Fujita 2, Porter 1, Grant 1
none by Carolina

It's still early but I like the feel of the game. I want the comp % to go down. When I played the Skins last night it was in the low 60's for Campbell.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2008, 12:54 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 24

I was only able to pplay a little tonight on Pro, and it felt good. it felt competitive and balanced (except for Robo QB). Madden comes pre-set to this setting, anyway. And I think it's probaly the most accurate and parrallel to real life football. I watched some real football tonight, and IT didn't even seem like All Pro. I'll play a full game tomorrow, but I think Pro is the way I want to play. The game seems more fun and more accurate. I just hope I dont see really high numbers.
There have been numerous runnin' threads, and I think playin' on Pro solves most of the problems. And also knowin' when to Sprint IS key with this game. I just watched the Madden tips on 360, and they said the same thing. It's better to find the holes and use the moves until you reach the open field, and then Sprint.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »