Home

Is this game too easy??

This is a discussion on Is this game too easy?? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2008, 12:50 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 14
Re: Is this game too easy??

Have you tried using the custom CPU sliders via having two controllers? That, if you're willing to put in the time to test them out, really is helping the game and the challenge for me. I had a great game last night Bears (CPU) vs. Packers (me). The Bears put up a really good fight, even though Grossman barely threw for 51% completion, mostly cause I threw for 44%. But I wound up winning it on a last second field goal 24-22, and it was just a really good feeling game.

If you are, then I'd just increase the difficulty of the CPU sliders. But the Cowboys are good, and they aren't exactly playing the cream of the NFL crop.
Go STL Rams...please don't get Sam Bradford killed...
Old 08-19-2008, 01:00 PM   #18
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

One thing is for sure, stopping the RUN is as easy as it's ever been. In the past, I could tweak the CPU run sliders to make them competent, if not good. However, even after tweaking the sliders to RUN DEFENSE 20, (0,0,0), the CPU run game is still a non-factor. I seriously hope that they can somehow add the CPU sliders in the next patch. Playing defense is getting very BORING... it's one dimensional since you only have to worry about defending the pass.
Old 08-19-2008, 01:04 PM   #19
MVP

DallasRocks's Arena

OVR: 12

Wow, I didn't expect to get bashed for this. Thanks Countryboy glad you understood my post, yeah the title is misleading, which I apologize. I was just wondering if anybody was in the same boat as me, which I guess not
Old 08-19-2008, 01:05 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
the title of his thread and what he's actually saying/asking are two different things. The title of the thread is a little misleading. He gives his reasoning for asking for tips and then he asks for tips to make the game more difficult without going up to the All Madden level.

His post is hardly pointless. Whats pointless is people coming in and jumping his case because of what he is asking. If you don't agree with his question, bypass the thread. No need to jump at the man because he asked a question you feel shouldn't be asked.

And I gave him a tip without having to play on all madden, let the IQ go up. How is that hard to understand to you people and to the person that started this thread?

And please explain to me how in the hell can you agree with this question when its obviously coming from a person who hasn't played on the highest difficult setting? The best you can do as a poster here in this thread is try to answer the question, in which I did. You're the one off basis. Now usually I just dismiss and ignore your posts for OBVIOUS reasons, but this time I decided to oblige.

Last edited by Malachi; 08-19-2008 at 01:10 PM.
Old 08-19-2008, 01:09 PM   #21
MVP

DallasRocks's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by therockstar2005
Have you tried using the custom CPU sliders via having two controllers? That, if you're willing to put in the time to test them out, really is helping the game and the challenge for me. I had a great game last night Bears (CPU) vs. Packers (me). The Bears put up a really good fight, even though Grossman barely threw for 51% completion, mostly cause I threw for 44%. But I wound up winning it on a last second field goal 24-22, and it was just a really good feeling game.

If you are, then I'd just increase the difficulty of the CPU sliders. But the Cowboys are good, and they aren't exactly playing the cream of the NFL crop.
Right now I only have 1 controller, but I'm leaving for college this week and will pick up another one because it looks like it actually works
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2008, 01:11 PM   #22
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malachi
And I gave him a tip without having to play on all madden, let the IQ go up. How is that hard to understand to you people and to the person that started this thread?
Did I say you didn't? You were saying that his post was pointless and I was telling what is pointless. I'm sure he appreciates your information.

Quote:
And please explain to me how in the hell can you agree with a question? The best you can do as a poster here in this thread is try to answer the question, in which I did. You're the one off basis.
Sorry for the typo. I edited it. It was supposed to say "post" not "question" Thanks for pointing that out.

Quote:
Now usually I just dismiss and ignore your posts for OBVIOUS reasons
Please feel free to continue ingnoring my posts. In fact, I insist.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 08-19-2008, 01:17 PM   #23
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasRocks
Wow, I didn't expect to get bashed for this. Thanks Countryboy glad you understood my post, yeah the title is misleading, which I apologize. I was just wondering if anybody was in the same boat as me, which I guess not
no problem. If you like, we can change the title of the thread to avoid future misunderstandings.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 08-19-2008, 01:22 PM   #24
MVP

DallasRocks's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
no problem. If you like, we can change the title of the thread to avoid future misunderstandings.
yeah go ahead

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »