Home

We are watching you direct snappers

This is a discussion on We are watching you direct snappers within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-19-2008, 06:00 PM   #57
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: We are watching you direct snappers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture15
We've also fixed probably tens or hundreds of issues the right way like nano's, hurdle glitch, juke glitch, corner routes, etc, etc, etc. I have seen you post this numerous times and I just have to disagree with you in your thoughts that this is always how we fix things. Not trying to sound like a jerk, but it's understandable because you obviously don't understand the strict timelines of software development process - the McFadden package is a perfect example: Say you're at work voluntarily at 1 in the morning after 3 straight voluntary weeks of 60, 70, 80, or 90 hours. You find out that McFadden at QB may be an exploit, and the guys on the forums are blowing up as well as calling for your head:

"BeZo WTF dude have you never even played Madden before?!??! This is going to be the biggest online glitch in history. Thanks though for saving my 60 bucks!"

The game has to be fully tested, finished, and out the door in 2 weeks...do you spend 24 hours with a senior AI engineer, or do you remove the package?

hahahahah so true
Old 08-19-2008, 06:03 PM   #58
Pro

kiddlex's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:

"BeZo WTF dude have you never even played Madden before?!??! This is going to be the biggest online glitch in history. Thanks though for saving my 60 bucks!"
So true!!!
Old 08-19-2008, 06:03 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 5

People need to lighten up. Some of you act as if they can catch every single thing in the game before it hits the shelves, get over it.

How would you like it if Ian just didn't respond to any of the issues at all? How would you feel about that?

They know about it and are looking into it so why don't some of you let off some steam by perhaps going out for awhile.
Old 08-19-2008, 06:25 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
We have been well aware of the “WR Direct Snap” glitch that has been making waves throughout the online community. I thought I should drop a line and say that we are working on having this resolved as soon as possible, but one major thing to note is that we are tracking the usage of this play and will likely zero out ALL wins for any gamer caught using this exploit. So for any folks worried about the records being tarnished, we will make sure to knock down any people that are cheating their way to the top.

And if you are using it now...

Thanks.

Ian
The bad part is that the people who use this play legit with the rb get screwed because some immature kids cant get a win w/o cheating ... Tsk Tsk Tsk .... If I need some money plays I would just go over to Jet or Secret's house ... Glad to see you guys are removing wins for cheating but how do you determine if someone is using it legitly? Maybe I should call D-cass and find out if they are working on a patch ....
Old 08-19-2008, 06:30 PM   #61
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

OVR: 20

I'm really getting sick of Supermods closing every thread on this board, they are testing my patience.... btw the reason for closing it sucked..

here Ian:
Well, I think it may go a long way towards making the teams play more like their NFL counter parts and that is what we want right? This may have been a bad idea last year or so when the playbooks weren't as good (MAD PROPS on the playbooks this year by the way), but now due to the game being better and awesome playbooks I think we are ready.

I tried all kinds of D playbooks last year trying to get that perfect set of audibles (and it was really hard to stop the run playing a 4-3), but I think the game is getting to a point where we can play real football.

Nice work overall, and can't wait for next year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2008, 06:34 PM   #62
MVP

capp34's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO

Another example would be strafing, taken out because people used it to rocket catch. Now, folks that didn't abuse strafing for rocket catches can't strafe to keep a defender in position for a tackle.

Do you have the game??? Because strafe on Defense is in the game.

Kings of the Kourt Commissioner

KOTK Discord - https://discord.gg/Swj5cJe
Old 08-19-2008, 06:36 PM   #63
MVP

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makaveli Da Don
The bad part is that the people who use this play legit with the rb get screwed because some immature kids cant get a win w/o cheating ... Tsk Tsk Tsk .... If I need some money plays I would just go over to Jet or Secret's house ... Glad to see you guys are removing wins for cheating but how do you determine if someone is using it legitly? Maybe I should call D-cass and find out if they are working on a patch ....
Actually, we can tell that the play went to the WR. Scary huh?

The HB Direct Snap play won't be removed either...we will just make it so you can't warp it over to the WR.
Old 08-19-2008, 06:45 PM   #64
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

I cant but be skeptical that people's wins will actually be deleted. But if they are, it will send a clear warning to the people who are cheating or thinking about cheating.

I just cant understand why people cheat, I remember playing Counterstrike like 10 years ago and people cheating, it just blows my mind.

But future, Thank you for doing this, It will help the madden community 100%. Lets get these cheesers and glitchers out of the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »