Home

Keep Disconnecting at Main Menu since game came out. Help?

This is a discussion on Keep Disconnecting at Main Menu since game came out. Help? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2008, 11:21 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Keep Disconnecting at Main Menu since game came out. Help?

Ok, I have XBox Live, Cable Internet, all that good stuff. Everything is set so I am automatically signed into XBL and whatever game I am playing upon me turning my system on.

Ever since Madden dropped last week, I cannot stay connected to anything (servers, XBL, or the internet in general) when I turn Madden on. It always kicks me off of everything at the main menu screen. I was logged on barely long enough on Friday to finally get EA's roster update, but I was kicked off again the second the download finished.

It just sucks because this is the only game that causes everything in my house involved with the internet to crash when turning it on. I checked all my other games just to make sure it wasnt anything from my end, and sure enough it is only Madden.

Does anybody know what is going on or how to fix it? I have cleared my cache, unplugged my modem and rebooted. Nothing is working. And I really want to play a game online but cannot stay connected longer than a minute at the most. Somebody please help if you can.

Oh, and I have the Collector's Edition by the way, if that matters or anything.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2008, 08:16 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Keep Disconnecting at Main Menu since game came out. Help?

So I am the only one with this problem apparently?
Old 08-20-2008, 08:49 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by erkizzlemynizzle
So I am the only one with this problem apparently?
LOL, looks like it. Have the same problem with any other EA Sports game?
Old 08-20-2008, 09:04 AM   #4
Pro

utorde's Arena

OVR: 12

Have you been able to stay connected with previous versions of Madden, and if so are you still using the exact same router?

When I first got my 360 a few years ago I had a Netgear router, setup my 360, and got online no problem. Didn't have any games at the moment, bought the 360 by itself and was waiting a couple weeks until Madden came out to get my first game. Was able to connect to Live everytime no problems, even downloaded some demos and played them online. Madden came out, I got it, loaded it up, and was disconnected from Live. Take it out and could sign in. Load it back up and got disconnected.

Bought a router that was on the compatible list at xbox.com and haven't had any problems since then. So perhaps you should check the list to make sure your current router is compatible. I know it makes no sense, but my original router worked for some games and it had to be replaced. Here's a link to the compatibility list in case you don't know it and want to check it out.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/co.../equipment.htm

Hope that helps and congratulations on not getting locked by the lock-happy mod.

Last edited by utorde; 08-20-2008 at 09:13 AM.
Old 08-20-2008, 09:35 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
LOL, looks like it. Have the same problem with any other EA Sports game?

Nope, NCAA and Head Coach are working fine, no problems whatsoever. All the other games I have played have been fine as well. This is strictly with Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2008, 09:40 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by utorde
Have you been able to stay connected with previous versions of Madden, and if so are you still using the exact same router?

When I first got my 360 a few years ago I had a Netgear router, setup my 360, and got online no problem. Didn't have any games at the moment, bought the 360 by itself and was waiting a couple weeks until Madden came out to get my first game. Was able to connect to Live everytime no problems, even downloaded some demos and played them online. Madden came out, I got it, loaded it up, and was disconnected from Live. Take it out and could sign in. Load it back up and got disconnected.

Bought a router that was on the compatible list at xbox.com and haven't had any problems since then. So perhaps you should check the list to make sure your current router is compatible. I know it makes no sense, but my original router worked for some games and it had to be replaced. Here's a link to the compatibility list in case you don't know it and want to check it out.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/co.../equipment.htm

Hope that helps and congratulations on not getting locked by the lock-happy mod.
Yeah my router is up there as being compatible. This is so weird. I am tempted to go rent the game and see if it is possibly my disk? I don't know why it would be. I haven't had any freezes or crashes or anything. I just get disconnected from everything whenever the game loads. It is going to frustrate the crap out of me if it is still doing this when the roster updates start coming out full force when the season starts.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »