Home

Madden 09 Sales Figures

This is a discussion on Madden 09 Sales Figures within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2008, 12:01 AM   #33
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: Madden 09 Sales Figures

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
I love how you say that as though it's fact. Marginal improvements? Have you even played either version (08 and 09)? Did you also think that Micheal Phelps' performance in the Olympics was "just okay"?
Come on now guy. Phelps and Madden arent even in the same ball park. Hell the same game. Game is ok, but thats about it.
Old 08-21-2008, 12:21 AM   #34
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by pietasterp
I wouldn't be concerned if I were EA; they have a product that is recession-proof, review-proof, and probably bullet-proof as well.
dont forget Play-proof

(jk.....I actually still am enjoying this year's madden)
Old 08-21-2008, 12:52 AM   #35
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelation
Total sales are slightly up from last year. Which is disappointing, considering the game's marginal improvements. Hopefully consumers will eventually wise up.

Otherwise, Madden Wii continues to bomb.
You're full of it. My 08 froze 100% of the time. My 09 only freezes 20% of the time. That's marginal improvement? That's like an 80% improvement!

Open up a dictionary if you think that's marginal. If you almost doubled your salary would you call that marginal? Ridiculous. Some people don't know greatness when they see it. Show me another yearly series that improves by almost 100% from one year to the next.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2008, 01:00 AM   #36
stewaat

OVR:

I didn't give them a +1 for the second consecutive year. I'm a franchise player and until they give us online franchise or at least fix the current franchise and the annoying problems, they will not get my +1.

It's only one but I finally stopped my Madden addiction.

Old 08-21-2008, 01:15 AM   #37
All Star

OVR: 33

These stats are just educated guesses, u can say madden has sold less or more than previous years yet
Old 08-21-2008, 01:27 AM   #38
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
This thread is about the sales figures, nothing else. Stick to the topic or this thread is getting locked.
You seem to have contradicted yourself, TJ.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 08-21-2008, 01:54 AM   #39
Pro

Ankido's Arena

OVR: 14

Everyone knew Madden 09 sales would drop and we'll finally find out at the end of the year. You guys are right, if there's no competition then there's no room for improvements. I'm sorry, asking OS members to improve a game only delays it. WTF do we know, we just play the game and expect a whole lot more from EA. If there was competition, EA could look at all the fans of those other titles and see what drives them to buy it. Take that idea and implement it into madden. Was EA smart for buying rights thinking they would get more sales? Umm... no not really, it's just a way to promote Madden through the NFL as directv is doing with their NFL ticket.

Madden 09 is a major improvement over the last previous titles but still lacks perfection. There's one thing EA needs to remember, there are a lot of guys like me who buy Madden and the competitor. So techinically it wasn't about sales, it was the easy promotion from the NFL and scared if the competition would rain on their parade.

IMHO, would I recommend Madden 09 to anyone? Sure why not, it's NFL where else can you get a pro football game? Oh did I say Pro Football?

I may sound like I'm bias against Madden but it makes me feel comfortable that guys like Ian are running around the forums trying to get feedback for 2010. In Ian we trust, or else hombre.....
Old 08-21-2008, 10:57 AM   #40
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankido
Was EA smart for buying rights thinking they would get more sales? Umm... no not really, it's just a way to promote Madden through the NFL as directv is doing with their NFL ticket.
Really? Here's a question for you-what do you suppose Madden's sales figures would look like if someone other than EA owned the exclusive license?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »