Home

Clutch Games

This is a discussion on Clutch Games within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2008, 01:43 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Clutch Games

I turn them OFF because it amplifies the Robo QB affect but it's a nice feature because inferior teams can beat superior teams in rival matches
Old 08-20-2008, 01:51 PM   #10
MVP

rock85's Arena

OVR: 17

I don't know if it has an affect on the CPU's QB/Def because i never played with this feature on. But i wouldn't be surprised if it did indeed make the CPU's QB's that much more accurate and the Def jump out of there skin to make a pick
Old 08-20-2008, 02:02 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4

I mentioned this in another post... if you think that the CPU qb is accurate in regular season non rival games.. wait until the playoffs roll around! (if you make it)
3.Paul Pierce
4.Chris Paul
5.Tim Duncan

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2008, 09:18 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

i have this feature on and when i played the steelers in my browns chise, worthlessberger was like 9-25 for 150 some yards and 2 picks. i ended up winning 35 10. then the next game troy smith threw 1 td and 2 picks for like less than 200 yds. ( i play 10 min qts ) i held baltimore to 10 pts in that game and won 13-10. but in my first game against the cowboys i was down big and had to kick a game winner as time expired to win 24 23. romo had over 300 yds and barber over 150 rushing, so i really haven't noticed the robo qb as much now that my madden iq has balanced out. i started my game by skipping the iq test and defaulting the settings at 500. after about 10 games it has adjusted nicely and i have great stats for me and the cpu every game.
Old 08-20-2008, 09:29 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 7

where is this feature. I can't find it in the settings
Old 08-21-2008, 05:08 AM   #14
Pro

Revolution42's Arena

OVR: 25

What is the "dummy profile" trick?
Old 08-21-2008, 09:40 AM   #15
MVP

Darkleaf's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfansiny79
where is this feature. I can't find it in the settings

If you are talking about "Clutch" It is an option when you start a new franchise, right after you pick your team. Along with quarter length etc..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2008, 09:53 AM   #16
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickvh02
i have this feature on and when i played the steelers in my browns chise, worthlessberger was like 9-25 for 150 some yards and 2 picks. i ended up winning 35 10. then the next game troy smith threw 1 td and 2 picks for like less than 200 yds. ( i play 10 min qts ) i held baltimore to 10 pts in that game and won 13-10. but in my first game against the cowboys i was down big and had to kick a game winner as time expired to win 24 23. romo had over 300 yds and barber over 150 rushing, so i really haven't noticed the robo qb as much now that my madden iq has balanced out. i started my game by skipping the iq test and defaulting the settings at 500. after about 10 games it has adjusted nicely and i have great stats for me and the cpu every game.
I've had pretty good luck with the Madden IQ evening out any kind of Robo QB effects as well.

I've played against Tom Brady twice. I feel that he's probably the best test for robo QB (well, him and Manning). I played the Pats with the Colts once (rivalry) and he was unspectacular. Probably around 50% of his passes complete, and I think he threw a pick or two.

I also played against the Pats in week 1 of my Chiefs franchise. He started out hot, got cold through most of the 2nd half and engineered the game winning drive. He had good but not outlandish stats. What I liked was that he beat me Tom Brady style.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't see a huge problem with the clutch games turned on.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »