Home

Things that happened in your franchise

This is a discussion on Things that happened in your franchise within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2008, 05:20 PM   #17
MVP

RumbleCard's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Things that happened in your franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelation
Might be something worth looking into, however it may just make things easier on myself to sign better talent, we'll see.
Well what I've done is outline some parameters to keep myself in check.

1. No active trading.

2. I can only shop 2 players a season and I limit myself to those offers only.

3. I cannot package draft picks to move up in the first round until the 3rd season then again in the 6th.

3. A. On that 3rd and 6th season I have to package 3 picks for 1 and I can't move into the top 5.

4. All FA with 78 or > overall must be resigned at least once to a minimum 2 year deal. Once thats up I can let them walk if I don't want them.

5. I must resign all 88 or > players regardless of my minimum 2 year deal.

6. I have to sign at least my top 4 draft picks.

7. I can only sign 1 FA with over a 85 overall average each offseason.

8. I can only sign 2 additional FA with a 75-84 overall average per offseason.

9. Roster fills at the minimum pay only.

I probably have an addition 4 or 5 more rules but this keeps things tough and competative within the franchise mode. If I give myself free reign its pretty easy to load a team up.
Old 08-20-2008, 05:36 PM   #18
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavfan21
So you must have fired Andy Reid and Tom Heckhert?

That's th only way those deals get done!
Lol...good one.
Old 08-20-2008, 06:02 PM   #19
Pro

OVR: 6

By 2012

Tom Brady was a FA(99)
Peyton Manning was a FA(99)
Matt Hassleback was a FA(91)

All released so their teams could sign draft picks and they are still sitting there in Free agency. I'm turning the salary cap off my next run because that should never happen...

Also in 2012 Grossman was signed by the Bucs and made the pro bowl with 26 TDs and only 7 picks. Grossman. The 79 rated Rex Grossman...
Old 08-20-2008, 06:16 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 7

I freeze too much to get through a season yet.
Old 08-20-2008, 07:37 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 4

Just had a Manning Super Bowl (yes he was still on the Colts lol) I control all 32 teams, signing, drafting and releasing wise. My two "main teams" are the NY ones but mostly the Giants. Always do training every week on those two teams then pick a team randomly to train them. I train whatever 2 teams that are in the Super Bowl also in that week.

Man even though I control all teams, it's hard with no regressing and progressing. Regressing because the old players are too good for to long so rooks get no playtime and tough choice deciding if I want to cut them for cap/roster room. For progressing, again tough choice if I want to draft some super rookie from NCAA import (i have a lot of classes lol) Because the players just don't get better at all or slowly.

Some players do though, read about your Ray Rice and Rodgers example, Rice is still 82 and now a FA, Rodgers is 83 (was that his overall?), still starting for the Pack. Flacco is 83 now and a back up to Jake Delhomme who I released for the Panthers because I drafted Chase Daniels who is now 94. Some rooks that did improve are J. Stewart 89, D. Mac 90 Skins WR both are 88, G. Dorsey 91(best i think from 08 class) K. Phillips 87. Those are the noticeable ones. A lot are back ups or in FA. Jake Long ain't even a LT or RT, he's a RG on the Fins rated 88 and made the Pro Bowl in 2012 as a RG.

It can be a pain controlling all 32 teams but it's the best to not keep it from going crazy, Manning, Brady FA etc. I sign all better players to their teams, if a team as a high 80 back up and that's kinda young I might let the super star go to FA and control what team needs him. The way I do that is go to roster breakdown and go see who's the worst team in that position.

It's cheating but what I do for draft picks is sign the first and second rounders to 1 year deals. Then at preseason as I'm filling at the rosters for each team, i release the rooks and sign them to 5-7 year deals, saves a TON in cap. Had some NCAA imports wanting 7yr/100mill deals with what I do i end up signing them for literally half that.

I hope to god in the next patch if there is one they fix the progressing and regressing stuff or and editing, hate seeing imports with wrong #s. Can't change it then there is no hope for them getting better at all. If those two things be fixed this indeed would be a great madden game instead of a good one.

Last edited by Oezeo; 08-20-2008 at 07:48 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2008, 08:11 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 2

Game freezes every fifth save attempt. Very cool. Adds to realism of football.
Old 08-20-2008, 08:53 PM   #23
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by tombrokaw
Game freezes every fifth save attempt. Very cool. Adds to realism of football.
Haha...smart arse!
Old 08-20-2008, 09:03 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 8

I'm a little more than halfway through my first season, and so far:

1) Favre got injured in the first preseason game with NY. Madden curse lives on? not so much... he came back on a tear and is now on pace to make the Pro Bowl after missing about 6 weeks in the regular season.

2) Jets rookie WR Marcus Henry (7th round pick out of Kansas [woo]) had only 3 receptions, but 2 TDs halfway through the season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »