Home

anyone else notice "dumb" linemen?

This is a discussion on anyone else notice "dumb" linemen? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2008, 02:38 PM   #1
Pro

xxjgbxx's Arena

OVR: 9
anyone else notice "dumb" linemen?

i play with the giants and everyone knows they have one of the best o lines in the league but not in madden, my last game i played the lions and i got sacked 5 times and he only rushed 3 people(no he wasnt nano'n) i looked back at the replays and i saw the o line just move to the side and let them right in and ive noticed this more and more im just wondering what other people are seeing and does ea consider this a problem at all that the linemen play "dumbed" down to their counterparts on D

anyone else view their replays on sack and see this also?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2008, 02:46 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: any else notice "dumb" linemen?

This is the most frustrating thing in the game. It's the only thing that makes me want to launch my controller lol. It happens on PR SO much. I'll have a nice seam to run too and my 2 lead blockers will run up field instead of engaging the 2 rushing coverage men 5 yards in front of me.

It happens on run plays a lot too. Sometimes I'll be running a toss and my pulling OL will run to the middle of the field to block a LB when all he has to do is move 2 feet right and push the CB to spring me 80 yards. Another time is when you go up the middle and people just run by DL.

Don't get me started on the pass rush. I feel like the whole team is blitzing when they only have 2 D-lineman! Instead of 3 OL teaming up on the better DL and the other 2 teaming the second DL and giving me realistic pocket time, it's 2 1v1's and my other 3 OL sit there staring downfield feet set in the ground with their arms extended at their chest.

Very frustrating imo.

XBL: XiX FaTe XiX
Old 08-20-2008, 03:17 PM   #3
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: anyone else notice "dumb" linemen?

Ive noticed this as well. And I cant stand it.

This is my thinking. Take it for what you want but, I think EA made the OLine screw up by missing blocks on purpose.

What I mean is that when you watch an NFL game you will notice the DLine blowing up the play in the backfield every now and then. They sometime blow past the OLine with a finesse move or push the OLine back into the RB with power.

What I think EA did is instead of making the line play realistic they just made them dumb assess. They will sometimes slide right out of the way. The DLine will blow up a play in the back field but, not by actually making the right finesse or power move. They make the play by the OLine moving out of the way like they are dumb.

That's my take. With I have down and it seems to work is us Custom slider and put the run/pass block up to 100. You will actually see a pocket when passing. And running the ball is so much smoother. If you put the break tackle slider to 10 or 15 they don't break tackles but, the hit holes. I usually avg. 3 to 4 yds a game. It works for me.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Old 08-20-2008, 04:13 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

i feel you guys, i cannot beleive they just slide out the way and i take a sack. thats the only problem i got with this game and it sbeen in madden for years. hopefully with the euphoria engine they can fix this, because i dont see them touching this at all.
Old 08-20-2008, 04:29 PM   #5
W* B*ck!!

Scoop 24's Arena

OVR: 24

if you switch up your snap counts you will get better blocking. also sitting there let the center call out the protection helps a little too. atleast these are things that work for me. but i still get sack from time to time.when i hold the ball to long.
MLB: New York Yankees
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2008, 04:48 PM   #6
Rookie

This has been a problem in Madden for as long as I can remember. It will NEVER be fixed
Old 08-20-2008, 05:28 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottD413
This has been a problem in Madden for as long as I can remember.
Indeed it has.
Old 08-20-2008, 06:30 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 7

All Pro Football got all of this stuff right. Linemen double team guys. Block the right guys. The D-Line has to actually beat an O-Lineman to get through.

Even the special moves in All Pro make more sense. In All-Pro you have more moves, and they work, but take a second. In Madden, they barely work at all.

Madden needs to take a cue from all-pro and implement their system.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »