Home

Need help in two areas...please!

This is a discussion on Need help in two areas...please! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2008, 12:27 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: Need help in two areas...please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcain
With quick backs I would run some counters also.

My advice with running is to wait for the hole and play to develop. Then hit it. Instead of holding the turbo be ready to make the first guy miss with just a juke or a spin then find the seem and hit the turbo.

The running game is very rewarding this year and I am having a blast with it. No games feel scripted. I have good games at 5.0 ypc then the next I will have 2.8 ypc.
I had JUST got done playing the Ravens, and I'll tell you what, I found that with Willie, he has a lot of success with the Iso's and Dive running plays up the gut. It's good for 5-6 yards at a clip if the blocker does his job. And once you get a little success with that, then it opens up the sweep and counter options after that.

I just completely decimated Baltimore, 66-14. Willie Parker had 108 yards on 28 carries, two rushing TDs and even caught for a TD. I intercepted that Flacco dude like 5 times (three by Polamalu and he returned 2 for TDs himself) and made him fumble twice (both of which I recovered) hence why there was such a lopsided score, I was up 31-0 before even having 100 yards of total offense at one point.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »