Home

How do you NOT re-sign a player?

This is a discussion on How do you NOT re-sign a player? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2008, 08:16 PM   #1
goh
Banned

OVR: 37
How do you NOT re-sign a player?

I don't manually re-sign the player,the option is on for user re-signing but after re-signing the players I wanted when simming it keeps signing one I don't want. I tried player management but there's no option there to just let him go. There's only an edit player option there and re-sign or apply franchise tag on the re-signing screen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2008, 07:34 PM   #2
Pro

Ivanhoe's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: How do you NOT re-sign a player?

I'm having the same issue! What's the deal with stupid game? It used to warn you that the unsigned players would be released, now the stupid computer keeps re-signing Jon Kitna!
GOD!!! I hate this game...
Old 09-04-2008, 07:42 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

have not finsihed my first year in franchise mode yet, but in years past on the off season menu after you resign those players you want, the ones you dont get released once you go to the next event in off season menu.
Old 09-04-2008, 07:45 PM   #4
Pro

Ivanhoe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddengm
have not finsihed my first year in franchise mode yet, but in years past on the off season menu after you resign those players you want, the ones you dont get released once you go to the next event in off season menu.
Not this year. It's SO Madden, take feature that works and screw it up and the customer over.
Old 09-04-2008, 07:50 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 13

when you start your franchise game, you have to select "user" for the options at the bottom.

this can be changed in the franchise also... go to franchise options and change the bottom 5 options to user not computer.

this is not a fault in the game... this is you all not reading the menu screens.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2008, 08:02 PM   #6
Pro

Ivanhoe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbowski
when you start your franchise game, you have to select "user" for the options at the bottom.

this can be changed in the franchise also... go to franchise options and change the bottom 5 options to user not computer.

this is not a fault in the game... this is you all not reading the menu screens.
Not so fast. All my settings are set to user.
Here's where it gets interesting.
At the end of my first season, it worked correctly. But, at the end of the second season it doesn't.
I haven't checked my settings in the last week. I guess it's possible there's a glitch that changes things.
I'll check it out later.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:10 PM   #7
Rookie

y2j469's Arena

OVR: 3

Did you sign a new head coach? If you did all of the francise options reset back to cpu. Not really sure why but its been like that since last year.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:16 PM   #8
Pro

Ivanhoe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2j469
Did you sign a new head coach? If you did all of the francise options reset back to cpu. Not really sure why but its been like that since last year.
Ah...that would explain it. I only had last years game for three days and then returned it.
Thank you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »