Home

2010 should be the best Madden ever...

This is a discussion on 2010 should be the best Madden ever... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2008, 09:27 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 37
Re: 2010 should be the best Madden ever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehitokiri
wow every year is the same for you guys, maybe next year. oh next year it will be the best madden ever, the game just came out and i saw threads for madden 2010. these threads were out the same day the game came out. do i like this years game ??? yes besides the glitches that it has i do but to pay $60 for this game that besides the slight upgrade in graphics and the very few things they fix from last year i dont think it was worth $60. i hate it every year is the same with you guys. we need another game to push ea so they can make their games better. these are a few things i hate about this year:
robo qbs
franchise progression doesnt work
annoucers after the first season are not accurate with stats
half time highlights ??? are you serious ?? wack
if you sign a free agent and trade the player for a draft pick once you draft a player it will say that you got this player as a free agent it wont show you in what round you drafted him.
computer never runs the ball
teams that use two running backs in the game only used one in madden.
online leagues ?? lol this is by far the worst feature in this game.
running the ball on online games?? people cant run the game it becomes a passing fest.
these and other glitches are things that testers should of notice. we the consumer found these glitches within a day of playing the game but testers had this game for a long time and couldnt notice them??? its just like the people that review these games. they have people that dont know or maybe know very little about football test the game .
I totally agree with the above comments. Stop drinking the magic koolaid people! This is the best NEXT GEN Madden but by no means is this the best Madden (my vote is 06 last gen). There is just way, way, way too many last gen features missing from this game for it to be great.

Madden developers need to stop fussing over gameplay and graphics and get back to restoring franchise mode or better yet stealing the franchise mode concepts from Head Coach 09.

Yes, Madden is better and yes 2010 will be better but let's be clear, there is a long, long way to go before this game can be dubbed "best ever."
Old 08-23-2008, 09:31 PM   #10
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYMO76
I totally agree with the above comments. Stop drinking the magic koolaid people! This is the best NEXT GEN Madden but by no means is this the best Madden (my vote is 06 last gen). There is just way, way, way too many last gen features missing from this game for it to be great.

Madden developers need to stop fussing over gameplay and graphics and get back to restoring franchise mode or better yet stealing the franchise mode concepts from Head Coach 09.

Yes, Madden is better and yes 2010 will be better but let's be clear, there is a long, long way to go before this game can be dubbed "best ever."
First I hope that they never stop "fussing over gameplay". And second as far as stealing concepts from Head Coach's franchise mode, Donny Moore who did the franchise mode for HC is now working on Madden. So I'm sure that he'll bring some ideas from HC's franchise mode into Madden.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 08-23-2008, 10:16 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
First I hope that they never stop "fussing over gameplay". And second as far as stealing concepts from Head Coach's franchise mode, Donny Moore who did the franchise mode for HC is now working on Madden. So I'm sure that he'll bring some ideas from HC's franchise mode into Madden.
That's great news. I remember back when Ian posted this...I was pumped.

The only question now is...how long will it take them to implement his big ideas (if he has any).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2008, 10:35 PM   #12
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by xV3L0CiTY
That's great news. I remember back when Ian posted this...I was pumped.

The only question now is...how long will it take them to implement his big ideas (if he has any).
I would imagine its going to come in baby steps, but thats cool. Hell, who knows, maybe they'll hit the ground running.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 08-23-2008, 10:40 PM   #13
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Icon6 Re: 2010 should be the best Madden ever...

'09 the best ever?

-WR Direct snap is an embarrassing glitch. It was found immediately and I figured out how to do it in less than 2 mins in practice mode once i had it done to me. How did this slip through testing?

-Online leagues are just bad. It's extremely limiting in terms of options and customization. The process of adding league members to your friends list and then seeing who is online so you can try to play the games is just awkward. I'd compare this feature to what it might be like if you bought a new car only to find out that it didn't turn, only had 1 gear, and the gas cap was located underneath the frame.

-Still no optional camera angles. the difference between action and classic is minimal.

-Unable to customize the controller

-Unstoppable QB sneak

-Has anyone seen a 5 yard facemask? I've only seen 15 yarders and probably 80% of all penalties I have seen were personal fouls.

-O-Line is better but if you watch 25 offensive plays in replay then you'll see a whiffed block on probably 15-18 of them.

-WR turbo catch still in. I had a play today where a WR was running left to right on a square in and i threw a bad pass under pressure. The WR was running into the back of a LB and had ZERO chance of making the catch. It was a sure pick or, at best, an INC. Instead my WR morphs through the LB and covers about 6 yards in one glide step to make the catch.

-Defenders still go Homer Simpson while the ball is in the air pretty frequently.

-There is an unstoppable way to beat the bump that works 100% of the time that I've tried it. if you haven't seen it then play the CPU and bump him every play. If it's a decent QB then you'll see it pretty quick.

-There's a blue square in the endzone every time someone scores a TD.

-Game released with a major disconnect issue.

'09 is a good game to be sure. Probably the best Madden on NextGen so far. But honestly, is it even better than the XBOX or PS2 version right now? It wasn't the past few years.

Odds are that by the time Madden is truly great on a NextGen console, a new system will be just around the corner. At a minimum, I'd say that EA is 2-3 years away from putting out a quality Madden game that would be on par with the '99-'01 versions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Old 08-23-2008, 11:01 PM   #14
All Star

OVR: 33

There's no 5 yard facemask/ incidental facemask anymore. Any facemask penalty will be a personal foul resulting in 15 yards and a first down.
Old 08-23-2008, 11:09 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by roll2tide
'09 the best ever?

-There's a blue square in the endzone every time someone scores a TD.
This terrible blue square you speak of is for celebrations. Press triangle on one of these badboys (on ps3 of course) and celebrate you shall
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2008, 11:09 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 28

eh, i don't think they will achieve that, but imo, they dont need to do alot to make the best Madden ever as i think Madden is an average game at best.

They seriously need to work on the physics of passing. The ball in the air is horrendous. ITs either a super bullet pass or an ephus pitch. The ball just does NOT look realistic at all when its in the air and the tradjectery it takes.

I give the game about a 7/10 as i think i posted before. Imo they got a ways to go to be a good game.

Animations animations animations. They are not fluid and they imo dont look good at all.

I do know i wont buy another Madden game for a long long time. I regret buying it, but oh well. Going to try to get some fun out of it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »