Home

2010 should be the best Madden ever...

This is a discussion on 2010 should be the best Madden ever... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2008, 05:08 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 1
2010 should be the best Madden ever...

09 is so close and I like it more and more as I adjust to it. As of now this is by far the best Madden ever. Now if they would only expand the online leagues. Fix the hamster that's running their online system and the herky jerky menus and playcalling screens. Make the game more stable and just tight all around gameplay wise without losing the challenge, and this game will be perfect. There are still things that can be tweaked gameplay wise in regards to control in certain areas. I notice when throwing a fade in the endzone i dont have the control over the receiver i would like. I also notice there are some collision issues etc. For example you run to the back stadium wall and a player will run right through it instead of bouncing off of it. The sidelines are there but they really aren't. I like what they tried to do with the celebrations but all this stuff and the sidelines need to be made more interactive. Add a confirmation for the rewind feature. Add some neat new things liek refs and ambulances, and late hits and other things i'm sure they can come up with..... These are all things that could legitamently be done for 09 and maybe patch #2 will fix some of these things?

Last edited by Truth34; 08-23-2008 at 05:19 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2008, 05:30 PM   #2
Rookie

Triathlete_201's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: 2010 should be the best Madden ever...

Hopefully, they'll have fully customizable camera options this time around. I like to play my football games zoomed way out.

Did Tiburon ever mention why they decided to not have them in NCAA or Madden 09??

Old 08-23-2008, 05:33 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth34
09 is so close and I like it more and more as I adjust to it. As of now this is by far the best Madden ever. Now if they would only expand the online leagues. Fix the hamster that's running their online system and the herky jerky menus and playcalling screens. Make the game more stable and just tight all around gameplay wise without losing the challenge, and this game will be perfect. There are still things that can be tweaked gameplay wise in regards to control in certain areas. I notice when throwing a fade in the endzone i dont have the control over the receiver i would like. I also notice there are some collision issues etc. For example you run to the back stadium wall and a player will run right through it instead of bouncing off of it. The sidelines are there but they really aren't. I like what they tried to do with the celebrations but all this stuff and the sidelines need to be made more interactive. Add a confirmation for the rewind feature. Add some neat new things liek refs and ambulances, and late hits and other things i'm sure they can come up with..... These are all things that could legitamently be done for 09 and maybe patch #2 will fix some of these things?
ill agree with you if they include a online dynasty mode.
Old 08-23-2008, 05:35 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 1

I also hope they fix field degradation... I hear you can actually slip in this years madden although i haven't seen it yet, but I hope they make the field degrade and you can see it.

Things I love about this years madden...

-Penalties are actually interactive and realistic. When a facemask is called you actually see it. You can actually cause the cpu to falsestart by flinching on the defensive side of the ball. Same with pass interference and holding.

-The ai is very good and random in spots. The cpu actually adjusts to what you are doing. I've seen the cpu in the 2 minute drill and i'm selling out on the pass and they will run it suddenly. If you are selling out on the run they will pass all day until you slow them down. I've seen them kick fgs or punt when its a long fg depending on the situation. I see them punt it out of bounds or boom kicks as far as they can. The AI in madden is very sophicated and unpredictable and I love it. They miss chipshots and nail long fgs. I see them sit on the ball at the end of the half even down a score sometimes and then sometimes they will try to score. I see them come out trying to score when they are up and other times just run the clock out. I see htem come out firing deep on the 1st play from scrimmage or come out running and trying to eat clock. It's all great and I just hope they keep making this part of their game more realistic. There is not one offensive or defensive play that is unstoppable. Everything can be beaten and it's all about trying to play to your strengths and timing and mixing things up. The cpu will run out of bounds to avoid a hit but i'd like to see them try to drive for extra yardage more.. It does happen and it's better than previous versions and I like that the cpu runs out of bounds a lot because it happens in real football, but it needs to be adjusted. QB scrambling has also been improved but its not where it should be.

-I'm one person who really likes the myskill feature. The more i've let it adjust the more i like it. Yeah it can be tweaked maybe but it is working pretty well for me so far.

-Ratings actually matter. I can get a good push with the cowboys offensive line and run on the highest run difficulty where i might have trouble with a lesser team if im not calling things right or making the right cuts. there is very little cheese when it comes to the ai this year. I've seen teams come out fired up and killing my running backs in the backfield only to get tired later and i'm running all over them.

-The graphics and presentation are very good. The commentary is spot on in spots, where i think i'm listening to a live broadcast. It could be improved and they do say the same things in different games but from a game perspective it's very accurate and i do hear different things and it amazes how spot on it is sometimes. The game looks beautiful on the field for the most part. I wish they would add field degredation and puddles though and ice make the field have even more of an effect.

-players animate and collide very well although this can even be improved. I've hit a guy and you know he's hurt and he gets hurt right where you hit him. The physics are done very well int his game for the most part on the field.

-The amount of options and different kinds of franchises you can do is great. Having legends and being able to create teams and the assortment of playbooks and adjustments you can make. The trade AI and cpu AI in general and stats and features are all very good, but can continue to be improved.

Last edited by Truth34; 08-23-2008 at 06:12 PM.
Old 08-23-2008, 08:36 PM   #5
MVP

dubplate's Arena

OVR: 12

It seems like we say this every year. This year is very close, but there are a few things that make me scratch my head. They really need to work on presentation as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2008, 08:43 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6

wow every year is the same for you guys, maybe next year. oh next year it will be the best madden ever, the game just came out and i saw threads for madden 2010. these threads were out the same day the game came out. do i like this years game ??? yes besides the glitches that it has i do but to pay $60 for this game that besides the slight upgrade in graphics and the very few things they fix from last year i dont think it was worth $60. i hate it every year is the same with you guys. we need another game to push ea so they can make their games better. these are a few things i hate about this year:
robo qbs
franchise progression doesnt work
annoucers after the first season are not accurate with stats
half time highlights ??? are you serious ?? wack
if you sign a free agent and trade the player for a draft pick once you draft a player it will say that you got this player as a free agent it wont show you in what round you drafted him.
computer never runs the ball
teams that use two running backs in the game only used one in madden.
online leagues ?? lol this is by far the worst feature in this game.
running the ball on online games?? people cant run the game it becomes a passing fest.
these and other glitches are things that testers should of notice. we the consumer found these glitches within a day of playing the game but testers had this game for a long time and couldnt notice them??? its just like the people that review these games. they have people that dont know or maybe know very little about football test the game .
Old 08-23-2008, 08:49 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

This year has potential to be a very good game.

But before they implement any big features, they need to fix all the issues and re-implement the good features that have been taken out. Period.

Short and to the point of what needs to be done. Rather simple if you ask me. Were not asking for too much more than that.
Old 08-23-2008, 09:26 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 12

If your talking about overall game aspects, such as franchise, bug and glitch amount, defensive control, skill drills, and other extras I think Madden 09 Xbox/Ps2 is still the best madden. Graphically Madden Next-Gen has taking advantage of the hardware but when it comes to other aspects such as tackling, a.i, and many other aspects, the Next-Gen version fails to impress and in some ways inferior to the Last-gen versions of Madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »