Home

Anyone notice that the year the devs focused on defense created the best Madden ever

This is a discussion on Anyone notice that the year the devs focused on defense created the best Madden ever within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2008, 03:50 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 4
Re: Anyone notice that the year the devs focused on defense created the best Madden e

Madden 09 has manual double teams.
Old 08-24-2008, 07:29 PM   #10
Rookie

orhymes's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Anyone notice that the year the devs focused on defense created the best Madden e

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilgamesh348
Madden 09 has manual double teams.
really? how do you do them?
Old 08-24-2008, 07:51 PM   #11
EA Game Changer

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by orhymes
really? how do you do them?
You do defensive hot routes with them. Press X (or A) on the player you want to cover a receiver, and then move the right stick (I think it is) in the direction the pre play controls menu says to cover the receiver specified.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2008, 08:57 PM   #12
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12

Ahhh...morale and the overhaul of Franchise mode. What a splendid year.

However, two things I hated about 05.

1. Incredibly long loading time at the main menu.

2. This was the year they started blending all the player ratings together. An Overall of 75 was no longer a decent starter. Quite the contrary, a 75 was now probably the worst player on your team. It just didn't seem to make sense to me. In the past, good players stuck out, and bad players could be taken advantage of(like they should). Now everyone has relatively the same rating and it doesn't matter who's on your team.
Old 08-24-2008, 09:00 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 12

It's sad that football games keep shifting toward only improving the offense. Defense is a ton of fun to play and I think a lot of people would love to be able to have control of their defense. It seems these games make defense an afterthought and focus on the Arena football scoring.

But I agree, 2005 was a great game and put a lot of emphasis on defense. Would love to see that come back in future versions, although I'm not holding my breath.
Old 08-24-2008, 09:33 PM   #14
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad0034
Adrian Peterson on the cover.... not sure what feature theyd have for it though.

Or possibly a Safety like B Dawk

DeMarcus Ware could be good too

I see them putting a DE on it though. Maybe Usi Umenyoria
Being as he's not going to play this season, I highly doubt it....but wouldn't hurt to see some other defensive player on the cover though.
Old 08-24-2008, 09:40 PM   #15
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28

I find spotlighting a receiver blankets their coverage a little.

http://twitter.com/52isthemike
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2008, 01:16 AM   #16
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Defensive battles in real life NFL games have always been my favorites to watch.

And I prefer my video football games to mostly play that way as well. So EA making sure as possible a good balance between offense/defense is in Madden, is very important to me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »