Home

POST if your Franchise is freezing (Please read thread rules before posting)

This is a discussion on POST if your Franchise is freezing (Please read thread rules before posting) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2008, 07:54 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: POST if your Franchise is freezing (Please read thread rules before posting)

Yes my game freezes up on loading screen when training players. It works fine for about 4 to 5 weeks but after that it freezes up every time.

Team:Raiders,Bills
Import:Yes
Updated Rosters:Yes

Kind of sad that Ian said he hasnt heard anything about Franchise freezing up. I called customer support and posted on EAweb site about this issue and they have thread about it on there own website.

Last edited by Robinsonr5; 08-25-2008 at 08:01 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2008, 04:50 AM   #26
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: POST if your Franchise is freezing (Please read thread rules before posting)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture15
I have read a couple of random posts from people saying that their Franchise is freezing in year 2 or year 3. This is STRICTLY for freezes happening in the menus of Franchise mode - NOT IN GAME.

If this is happening to you - please post with as many details as possible.

ps3

- Did you import any draft classes? If so, did you use the named NCAA file that was known to be corrupt? No

- Are you using updated rosters? Yes

- Did you do a fantasy draft? No

- What team(s) are you using? all 32

- Where in the mode is it freezing - i.e. what screen exactly? preseason simulate game, save game.

- Do you have a save file where you can load it up and get the game to freeze every time? Yes

- Can the freeze be avoided, or is your Franchise stuck? I.e. can you advance? STuck Cannot sim, supersim or play and save past preseason 2009

- Etc. etc.

Thanks all. We have heard basically zero issues regarding Franchise mode stability from our Customer Service department, so reading this from a few people means I really need to get more info.

- Ian

Old 08-26-2008, 09:30 AM   #27
MVP

OVR: 52

Quick update here...

If you have a PS3 Save File - and you can load it up and it immediately starts producing freezes (i.e. when saving or trying to train or simulate), send me a PM ASAP.

If at all possible I would like for you to pull the Franchise Save File off of the PS3 and email it to me (using a memory stick or what have you).

Thanks!

Ian
Old 08-26-2008, 03:13 PM   #28
Rookie

Combo's Arena

OVR: 3

- Did you import any draft classes? If so, did you use the named NCAA file that was known to be corrupt? - No

- Are you using updated rosters? - Yes

- Did you do a fantasy draft? - No

- What team(s) are you using? -Eagles , Browns

- Where in the mode is it freezing - i.e. what screen exactly? - It freezes when trying to load my franchise save file.

- Do you have a save file where you can load it up and get the game to freeze every time? - Yes, whenever i load it, it freezes

- Can the freeze be avoided, or is your Franchise stuck? I.e. can you advance? - Stuck.

- Additional Info - It loaded successfully the first few times i went to bed and turned off my ps3, but it was about week 5 with Browns where it would not load and week 2 with the eagles.
Old 08-26-2008, 06:59 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 4

- Did you import any draft classes? If so, did you use the named NCAA file that was known to be corrupt? No
- Are you using updated rosters? Updated rosters (from week 1) with edited transactions of my own
- Did you do a fantasy draft? No
- What team(s) are you using? Kansas City Chiefs
- Where in the mode is it freezing - i.e. what screen exactly? During the actual game, 1st quarter, Chiefs(me) vs Patriots. After the play it just froze
- Do you have a save file where you can load it up and get the game to freeze every time? No
- Can the freeze be avoided, or is your Franchise stuck? I.e. can you advance? Not sure
Old 08-27-2008, 08:06 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 1

It's hard to send a pm to someone that doesn't allow pms. I have a franchise that saves any time you try to save or train...like many do I'm sure.
Old 08-27-2008, 11:22 AM   #31
Pro

boooey's Arena

OVR: 14

Ian is off on vacation .. i hope his backup Ryanaza steps up to the plate. so send any save file to them ASAP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture15
Just wanted to let everyone know that I'll be out of town for the next week and won't be on the forums at all.

I've already let Ryanaza and Fillycheze know to try and keep the communication going, but I'm sure you all can survive a week without me. Things were just fine before right?

- Ian

P.S. - I've turned off PM's so I won't get behind...so anything urgent (i.e. Franchise-freeze-related), send over to Ryanaza.

Last edited by boooey; 08-27-2008 at 04:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2008, 02:15 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 4

Xbox 360
PAL Version
#1 patch

I started the franchise after the first patch came out.

- Did you import any draft classes? If so, did you use the named NCAA file that was known to be corrupt?

I didn't import any NCAA draft classes (I can't even play NCAA because of region lock)

- Are you using updated rosters?

Yes, the official roster update that came out

- Did you do a fantasy draft?

Nope

- What team(s) are you using?

Texans

- Where in the mode is it freezing - i.e. what screen exactly?

In the whole Franchise thing. I'm in the first week of Season 3. I can play and supersim games, but I can't save afterwards or sim through the week or to the next game. Doesn't matter if I try to quicksave, regular save or create a new profile. It always freezes. When I start up the save file I can copy it as many times as I want to, but as soon as I supersim or play any game of this week, I'm not able to save afterwards.

- Do you have a save file where you can load it up and get the game to freeze every time?
- Can the freeze be avoided, or is your Franchise stuck? I.e. can you advance?

I can answer these together: Yes, the Franchise is completely stuck in season 3 since I can't save any more progress.

- Etc. etc.

Some additions: When this issue first came up I hadn't trained the players. So then I was stuck and played the week 1 game twice with the game crashing afterwards. Then I tried to sim the week - freeze. Then I supersimmed one game and tried to save afterwards - freeze.

Then I reloaded the save again and trained my players for week 1. I was able to save afterwards but then again I couldn't save any progress from week 1 games.

I have already tried to supersim thru week 1, that worked out perfectly but again, I wasn't able to save. The popup comes and then it's frozen.

Unfortunately I don't know of any possibility to copy a xbox360 save to another console, so I can't send it. I'd like to know if you guys are experiencing the same problem.

One final thing: I don't know if the developers have any influence on the region lock decision, but please try to tell EA to make games region free that are only hitting the US market, so people like me could import the games from the US. I don't get to play Head coach 09, the classic Madden or NCAA for example, and I'm a huge fan of the madden series here in good old Europe. Please provide me with the games

Last edited by ddv25; 08-27-2008 at 02:17 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »