Home

POST if your Franchise is freezing (Please read thread rules before posting)

This is a discussion on POST if your Franchise is freezing (Please read thread rules before posting) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2008, 03:46 AM   #33
Rookie

tonyaaronii's Arena

OVR: 1
Exclamation Re: POST if your Franchise is freezing (Please read thread rules before posting)

Freezes when I try to train my players.

- Did you import any draft classes? If so, did you use the named NCAA file that was known to be corrupt?

I imported classes from NCAA. Weren't corrupt to my knowledge.

- Are you using updated rosters?

To the best of my knowledge, yes.

- Did you do a fantasy draft?

No.

- What team(s) are you using?

Dallas Cowboys

- Where in the mode is it freezing - i.e. what screen exactly?

During load for advance to training mode in year 3.

- Do you have a save file where you can load it up and get the game to freeze every time?

Yes.

- Can the freeze be avoided, or is your Franchise stuck? I.e. can you advance?

Yes, I can play the games, just can't train my players.

- Etc. etc.

Etc. etc.

Last edited by tonyaaronii; 08-28-2008 at 03:52 AM.
Old 08-29-2008, 03:37 PM   #34
Rookie

Turbo Lax 33's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: POST if your Franchise is freezing (Please read thread rules before posting)

Did you import any draft classes? Yes

If so, did you use the named NCAA file that was known to be corrupt? No, I did not use NCAA roster files but did edit about 50 players and created a few.

Are you using updated rosters? Yes, from EA update on release day or the 13th

Did you do a fantasy draft? No

What team(s) are you using? Browns

Where in the mode is it freezing - i.e. what screen exactly? Freezes when trying to simulate preseason games. Then I super simmeed the Browns first preseason game of season 3 and after one more freeze the next time I loaded it up I was able to simulate through the preseason. Starting season 3 tonight, if it doesn't freeze up again.

Do you have a save file where you can load it up and get the game to freeze every time? Nothing consistent, just happened as I started season 3 last night.

Can the freeze be avoided, or is your Franchise stuck? I.e. can you advance? Not sure yet

Etc. etc. - Playing on 360. I play every game with my teamm, simulate all others. Simulate preseaon games. I don't train players. I haven't edited any players.
Old 08-30-2008, 04:26 AM   #35
Rookie

Re: POST if your Franchise is freezing (Please read thread rules before posting)

1. Did you import any draft classes? If so, did you use the named NCAA file that was known to be corrupt?

No draft class has been imported.

2. Are you using updated rosters?

I am using the latest EA update. Takeo Spikes has been added to the 49ers, I just can't remember if I did this or if this move was included in the update. All ratings/equipment has remained unedited.

3. Did you do a fantasy draft?

Yes.

4. What team(s) are you using?

Buffalo Bills. My brother and I play the games together on one single team.

5. Where in the mode is it freezing - i.e. what screen exactly?

When the freeze takes effect it was during the first two or three minutes of the first quarter. The freeze takes effect in the playcall screen. The game froze only once after the first quarter and that was at the end of the Bills vs Dolphins game in Toronto, in which the game froze while the players were leaving the field. Every other time the game froze it was always early in the first quarter (first one or two minutes).

6. Do you have a save file where you can load it up and get the game to freeze every time?

I have a save file, but the freeze is not consistent. For example, I will train three players and save the game. I will then continue and play a game. If the game is completed without a freeze I will save the game and advance to the next week to train players and repeat. Whenever the game freezes, I just reload the save and complete the game. I have not had the game freeze more than once per game week, and it usually happens every few games, and if I play three games per session it will sometimes happen once during the three game plays.

7. Can the freeze be avoided, or is your Franchise stuck? I.e. can you advance?

I can advance and the Franchise does not appear to be stuck. I have noticed that the stats do not match all the time. I have had LT rush for 125 yards and be credited with 85 at the end of the game, but I would assume that to be an unrelated issue.

I hope this helps...

j.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2008, 01:23 PM   #36
Rookie

Only post here if your franchise is freezing in the menus or when trying to save. Not in game or when attempting to train. The only reason I say this is because this is the only thread dedicated to my freezing problem, and I'd really like the problem to get the attention it needs instead of the thread being flooded with the same things that everyone is already aware of.
Old 08-31-2008, 01:14 AM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 3

- Did you import any draft classes? yes
- Are you using updated rosters? yes
- Did you do a fantasy draft? no
- What team(s) are you using? 49ers AND denver
- Where in the mode is it freezing - i.e. what screen exactly? When I try to simulate preseason and when I try to save it.
- Do you have a save file where you can load it up and get the game to freeze every time? Yes
- Can the freeze be avoided, or is your Franchise stuck? I.e. can you advance?Im stuck in my 3 year. I can play or supersim games but when I try to save my franchise it freezes.
Old 08-31-2008, 01:54 AM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 4

Having Freezing Issues in 1st Year of Franchise!!

- Did you import any draft classes? If so, did you use the named NCAA file that was known to be corrupt? Yes, but didn't use a corrupt one

- Are you using updated rosters? Yes, the EA roster update I downloaded online

- Did you do a fantasy draft? No

- What team(s) are you using? A custom created team replacing the Kansas City Chiefs

- Where in the mode is it freezing - i.e. what screen exactly? When I go to "Train active team for this week - Advance to training"; when simulating for the week or longer, and since today even when quick saving

- Do you have a save file where you can load it up and get the game to freeze every time? Yes (simulating week, Advane to training, quicksaving)

- Can the freeze be avoided, or is your Franchise stuck? I.e. can you advance? I can advance but will never again be able to train my players, quick save the game or simulate for more than one game

- Etc. etc. Nothing more to add. Sad enough

Last edited by BenjiA; 08-31-2008 at 02:03 AM.
Old 08-31-2008, 12:42 PM   #39
Rookie

- Did you import any draft classes? If so, did you use the named NCAA file that was known to be corrupt?
No

- Are you using updated rosters?
Yes and I edited them a little bit

- Did you do a fantasy draft?
No

- What team(s) are you using?
Jets

- Where in the mode is it freezing - i.e. what screen exactly?
In season two every time I play a game, when I finish the game and I press quit, the game loads and goes back to the franchise menus and it freezes right away before I get a chance to do anything including saving

- Do you have a save file where you can load it up and get the game to freeze every time?
Yes

- Can the freeze be avoided, or is your Franchise stuck? I.e. can you advance?
I can simulate weeks but in order to play games it cannot be avoided

I am using XBox360 by the way
Old 09-01-2008, 01:13 PM   #40
Rookie

- Did you import any draft classes? If so, did you use the named NCAA file that was known to be corrupt? yes but it was not corrupted

- Are you using updated rosters? yes

- Did you do a fantasy draft? no

- What team(s) are you using? i am the giants and my buddy is the eagles (multi team franchise)

- Where in the mode is it freezing - i.e. what screen exactly? franchise year 2 preseason week one (won't let me sim anything or save)

- Do you have a save file where you can load it up and get the game to freeze every time? yes

- Can the freeze be avoided, or is your Franchise stuck? I.e. can you advance? Not by simming each individual game...it still freezes...i am trying now to supersim every game past week one of the preseason to see if that works...still can't save though

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »