Home

Edited players do progress in franchise mode. Sort of.

This is a discussion on Edited players do progress in franchise mode. Sort of. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2008, 08:19 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Edited players do progress in franchise mode. Sort of.

[quote=mavfan21;2038646474]I ahve found that editing equipment on imported rookies causes them to never progress. Anyone else confirming this?

That has been my experience as well.
Old 08-25-2008, 08:53 PM   #10
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedkills
That ruins franchise.
Maybe that's the idea. Now we have to pretend to enjoy Play Now games and head to head online because it's trendy.
Old 08-25-2008, 09:17 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedkills
That ruins franchise.
x2.

I know my franchise isn't being started until we get a patch. Sadly it ruins the game for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2008, 09:19 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

very nice article...it is very interesting how there is actually progression if you change the name. But you would think Darren McFadden would progress within the first two yrs at least. I have ran numerous simulation franchise w/ McFadden and it seems that every first yr, McFadden w/o any editing should be a 88 by the start for the second season. I have also talked to other 360 roster editors and they seem to say that there is progression. So this problem might just be a ps3 thing but I am not sure. Maybe some ppl can confirm this for me.
Old 08-25-2008, 09:22 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

i simulated my first year with the cowboys and nobody really progressed except for Bennett the Back up TE. He went from an 80 to an 87. so i figured he had a monster year, i went to check his stats and he has nothing he never got on the field. no pancakes, receving yards,passing yards, rushing yeard...etc

so i was wondering if maybe since he was playing behind jason written one of the better TE in the league, his leadership and skills rubbed off on too Bennett?

Im going to simulate the second season will quick and see if he progresses again. This is on the 360

Last edited by UNC#1; 08-25-2008 at 09:26 PM.
Old 08-25-2008, 09:27 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 8

so it looks like editing a player does not take away progression since it still shows on the depth chart. That would make it seem like it just locks in the attributes at the roster screen while his actual attributes can still progress but won't be noticed on the progression menu.

This reminds me a little of the wierd overall team rating EA arbitrarily gives. Take any team with a rating below 80 and cut a play and then re-sign him to the team. This will force the game to recalculate their rating but the players that are on the team and basically every team will be in the 80's. Even teams like the falcons and dolphins.

Sorry to kinda take it off topic but just showing something that is kinda comparable.

Old 08-25-2008, 09:33 PM   #15
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC#1
i simulated my first year with the cowboys and nobody really progressed except for Bennett the Back up TE. He went from an 80 to an 87. so i figured he had a monster year, i went to check his stats and he has nothing he never got on the field. no pancakes, receving yards,passing yards, rushing yeard...etc

so i was wondering if maybe since he was playing behind jason written one of the better TE in the league, his leadership and skills rubbed off on too Bennett?

Im going to simulate the second season will quick and see if he progresses again. This is on the 360

From seeing him in training camp and on Hard Knocks.....I don't think he'll be an 87 OVR ever.

At least he's not Bobby Carpenter!

Back on topic:

I sure wish they'd say whether this can/will be patched becuase I'd like to trade it in ASAP before it loses more value.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2008, 09:55 PM   #16
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32

Is EA going to man up and address this? It's pretty shallow of them to say nothing like they have been on this topic.

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »