Home

Charger players - Antonio gates

This is a discussion on Charger players - Antonio gates within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2008, 08:40 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 21
Charger players - Antonio gates

Yesterday I played a game against a guy who used AG in IMO a fair way but DAMN it was nearly impossible to stop and either my skills need a upgrade or this facet of the game needs a deep looking into.

The thing that made me laugh is this can be 90% replicated in practice mode...with the CPU doing the EXACT same thing almost.

The play is a ace formation where gates is doing a 5yard IN route. As you all know his jump/spectacular catch/catch in traffic are all 90+ What my opponent would do is one of 2 things. Either immediately throw gates the ball after the snap which gates would snag and get instant 5 yards, or drop back deep and hit gates streaking across the field, throw him a high pass which cause him to go into that jump ball animation and no matter how many people were around him, he would snag the ball.

I tried EVERYTHING, double teams/hook zones/QB spy/manually covering him, even hurt the guy(but he came right back in the game) and he would complete 95% of those passes. That mixed with some FB dives and Tomlinson left and right made for a frustrating game......that I won, LOL.

I wont call this cheese or a "money" play as I have not finished testing to see if there is a play that can actually stop this without user intervention, but it did make me think about something.

EA, you guys need to really implement route based passing so people cant throw balls at points where the WR should not even be aware the ball is being thrown and consider tweaking that spectacular catch/super jump capability so that it is WAY less effective inside 5yards of the LOS.

Oh and while I was in practice mode trying to figure out how to make my AI partners defend this stuff without me having to do it myself, I did find that using the spotlight feature on Gates did help, but gates still managed to catch alot of balls.

Last edited by TombSong; 08-25-2008 at 11:47 AM. Reason: typo
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »