Home

Let's talk "Strip Ballcarrier"

This is a discussion on Let's talk "Strip Ballcarrier" within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2008, 03:50 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 11
Let's talk "Strip Ballcarrier"

My experience with this feature results in about 80% personal foul, 20% broken tackle. I have never actually forced a fumble with the 'A' button in 09 yet. I just finished a sequence where I was called for 5 consecutive facemask penalties.

I've attempted it both ways, holding A before I make contact, and also spamming it in the middle of the tackle animation. Neither seem to be effective, and at least against the CPU, when I spam it during the animation it almost always results in a broken tackle.

Has anyone had any success with this? When I read about Madden 09 I was excited to see that players could break tackles mid animation with the risk of fumbling. From what I've seen it's basically another offensive tool and the balance vs reward is not implemented properly.

For me, fumbles are still chance and the best bet of "forcing" once is simply hit stick the lights out of the kid.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2008, 04:14 PM   #2
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Let's talk "Strip Ballcarrier"

i have never stripped the ball carrier but the CPU has done it to me on more than one occasion. When i try they just shake me off and gain an extra 5-6 yards
Old 08-26-2008, 04:32 PM   #3
Pr*

ELDoro's Arena

OVR: 12

I never really use the feature much but in the few times I have I stripped the QB twice. Both QBs were not known for their ball carrying ability so maybe thats the best time when to try it. Both were on QB scrambles.
Old 08-26-2008, 04:39 PM   #4
Banned

Nintari's Arena

It worked for me once and I have to tell you, it's a pretty cool feeling. Although, it WILL cause alot of broken tackles but that's to be expected because in real football alot of broken tackles are caused from players trying to strip the ball instead of wrapping up.

But it's a hell of a rush when it works.
Old 08-26-2008, 04:42 PM   #5
Rookie

I've never tried it on a QB. I've just sticked a QB and he's fumbled. Is there any tip for using this, like when a good time would be to try and strip?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2008, 04:50 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 6

Man, I never got it to work and just rely on the hit stick when I have an angle to effectively use it.

I've found that I can jar the ball loose realistically with the hit stick and on a defenseless QB its almost a guaranteed injury and/or fumble when you hit stick him this year.
Old 08-26-2008, 05:10 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

I have had it work a handfull of times. I also miss a ton of tackles, i have a bad habit of using this button from last gen because there was no harm to using, you still made the tackle. I just wish your team mates would take the guy down while your ripping at the ball instead of bouncing off.
Old 08-26-2008, 05:20 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Not worth it. Hit stick is the only way to cause fumbles, UNLESS you're hitting the QB. I'd like to see fumbles increased a tiny bit for the CPU.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »