Home

Superbowl is dissapointing...

This is a discussion on Superbowl is dissapointing... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2008, 05:32 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: Superbowl is dissapointing...

Its usually pretty weak in real life, along with the celebrations compared to most pro sports. Ill take college bowl games anyday. Halftime shows are pretty much the only thing to watch.
Old 08-27-2008, 06:01 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by franch1se
i know...i mean even the Chargers VS Saints game in London during the regular season has more presentation then the superbowl. The London game, each team has their own special endzone and logo's on the 30 yard line. Why not Superbowl too?
Great point...i was very pleasantly surprised to see that as I play with the Chargers...but this generic end zone nonsense from madden 08 is inexcusable...theyve always had team endzones prior to 08 and even the DEMO had the appropriate end zones...I really dont get this decision because its not as if the developers had to create special custom team endzones for the superbowl...they just simply transfer the already exisiting team endzones from each respective stadium...next to no work involved...to have generic endzones for each superbowl, some developer had to actually sit down and develop it and type code...why was the time even wasted on this which would only result in a step back???
Old 08-27-2008, 06:09 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer67
I agree...except, please keep Tony Kornheiser out of the game! LOL!
hahaha, I think Tony is one of those guys where you either love him, or hate him.

I think it would be cool if they even went a step further and put in something where league news was setup to look like espn.com's nfl home page website. And they had news stories throughout the season where they incorporated respected journalists, just the name's attached to stories, not to the extent that they need audio or video from them. Like you get a breaking news report, and you go and read a story such as "Shawne Meriman will forego surgery, will play with injured knee" by John Clayton. or by Chris Mortenson.

I know its a small touch, but reading stories about the User's franchise mode would make the user even more engulfed in their nfl that they're a part of. They could even extend it more so that the Franchise UI looks more like the website, to where that's where you look at standings, transactions, rumors, stories, stats, they could have a photo and video section, the list goes on

There are so many possibilities that they could incorporate with the espn license to totally engulf the user in their nfl world.
Old 08-27-2008, 06:15 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 24

At the very least, have Janet Jackson and her "wardrobe malfunction" during halftime.....

Last edited by Segagendude; 08-27-2008 at 06:49 PM.
Old 08-27-2008, 07:21 PM   #21
Pro

Hate to beat a dead horse, but NFL 2K5 was ahead of its time.....LMAO at he way the coaches run out as they're introduced!

&ampampampampnbsp

Last edited by SoCal-Phenom; 08-27-2008 at 07:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2008, 07:26 PM   #22
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal-Phenom
Hate to beat a dead horse, but NFL 2K5 was ahead of its time.....LMAO at he way the coaches run out as they're introduced!

http://www.youtub

e.com/watch?v=k346u8ec1Bs
Wow that awesome! I'd never made the Super Bowl in 2k5. Time to fire it up and give it a shot!

Just wish it was in HD.
Old 08-27-2008, 07:32 PM   #23
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
Wow that awesome! I'd never made the Super Bowl in 2k5. Time to fire it up and give it a shot!

Just wish it was in HD.
If you have an xbox 360, NFL 2K5 is very nicely upgraded to 720p. Of course not natively, but I was SURPRISED how good it looked. Enjoy dude......
Old 08-27-2008, 07:39 PM   #24
You got the stuff?

Eddie1967's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal-Phenom

&ampampampampnbsp
That was great. Haven't played 2k5 in quite sometime but like you said it was way ahead of it's time. Darn shame other games can't at least duplicate this in 2009.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »