Home

Lets talk about the Raiders

This is a discussion on Lets talk about the Raiders within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2008, 06:58 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: Lets talk about the Raiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon
Now I haven't been having a problem beating them, because I am a good Sim Player, but it has become apparent to me that the Raiders are the best team on this game. the Raiders in the Hands of an Average player becomes good, and a great Player they become things of legends. now I know that any given sunday any team, can beat any team IE. See last years superbowl. but come on were talking about the raiders.

J. Russell throws 100 Mile per hour Darts, that hit there mark without fail. Also there D Line is other Worldly, and lets not get into there secondary. The whole team needs a toning down, like yesterday.

J****ssells accuracy needs a major overhauling. I don't have a problem with him throwing darts because thats what he does, but the accuracy is insane.

there running game is also incredible, as they have speed up the Yin Yang, is it just me or has McFadden not run a single down in the nfl? before you anoint the next great one see the Human Highlight Draft pick Bust Reggie Bush.

I thought I was the only person that knew this

I DESTROY with the Raiders
Old 08-27-2008, 07:21 PM   #10
Rookie

o 99 PROBL3MS o's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Now I haven't been having a problem beating them, because I am a good Sim Player, but it has become apparent to me that the Raiders are the best team on this game. the Raiders in the Hands of an Average player becomes good, and a great Player they become things of legends. now I know that any given sunday any team, can beat any team IE. See last years superbowl. but come on were talking about the raiders.

J. Russell throws 100 Mile per hour Darts, that hit there mark without fail. Also there D Line is other Worldly, and lets not get into there secondary. The whole team needs a toning down, like yesterday.

J****ssells accuracy needs a major overhauling. I don't have a problem with him throwing darts because thats what he does, but the accuracy is insane.

there running game is also incredible, as they have speed up the Yin Yang, is it just me or has McFadden not run a single down in the nfl? before you anoint the next great one see the Human Highlight Draft pick Bust Reggie Bush.
Why does everyone feel so compelled to compare D-dawg to Reggie Bush??? The only thing they have in common as football players is their speed. Aside from that they are totally different RBs. I just don't get that one. People like to point to Reggie Bush's sophomore slump as a reason that Mcfadden won't suceed. I just don't get that one.
Old 08-27-2008, 07:37 PM   #11
All Star

OVR: 24

I think this thread boils down more to the issues some are having the game in general. The Raidiers team build seems to perfectly hits those areas.

Many feel the QBs are too accurate- Russell is a powerful thrower which is a huge benefit in the game and when you add in more accuracy than most feel- he is a stud.

Most guys struggle against speed and some feel speed is still the #1 factor in the game- Raidiers have good speed at TB especially.

Alot are struggling to rush the passer- hence bad OT are not hurting them against alot of users.

The Raiders D is pretty solid.

Janakowski kicks it a mile and its hard to miss if a human is controlling the accuracy.

I don't really have a dog in the fight but from the issues i read over and over on the board- i can see why the Raiders fit into that issue more than most teams. The last point is most expect to beat them which multiplies the frustration i am sure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2008, 08:11 PM   #12
Banned

newmoon's Arena

OVR: 5

Like I said, I'm not having a problem beating them however It is apparent that the team is shall we say very unbalanced. I agree with you that the Raiders O-Line is atrocious but like I said Coupled with a good player Russell is by far one of the Best quarterbacks to have on this game. I agree terrible playcalling, and chemistry is hard to transmit to games, but I say show me a headcoach waiting on potential, and I'll show you a headcoach on the hotseat. The Lakers made the Finals and lost to the detroit pistons while shaq, and Kobe hated each other. If the Raiders Talent was so good they would win games at a fever pitch. instead they have stunk over the past 5 years.

J. Russell, and a wide receiver hitch is shall we say damn near unstoppable, then ad a second wideout, and a flag right on the same side, and him throwing those pills and you have superman vs a group of toddlers. lol tough to beat but not unstoppable.

I played the Raiders about 30 times in 300 games in 2k8 I have played the raiders now about 10 times in 30 games, soo the word is spreading. Where theres smoke theres fire
Old 08-27-2008, 08:30 PM   #13
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:

whoa whoa!!! If I remember correctly J-russ, D-mac, Javon Walker, Gibril Wilson, & D hall did not play for the raiders last year. Huff wasn't playing FS last year. There are lot more changes that have happened in the offseason. So, how do you know how good they are gonna be. If you watch sportscenter or any of the NFL shows you would see that a lot of people have the raiders as sleepers. This game is supposed to be based off of this year's players not last year. I play online and I've played the Eagles probably 6 or 7 times. I've destroyed some people and some people have destroyed me. The Raiders are not unstoppable by any means. You need to realize this is based on this years raiders, not last. Since the season hasn't started yet you really can't make any comment to how good or bad they are. Who knows, the Raiders could be the best team in the NFL this year.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:34 PM   #14
Banned

newmoon's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
whoa whoa!!! If I remember correctly J-russ, D-mac, Javon Walker, Gibril Wilson, & D hall did not play for the raiders last year. Huff wasn't playing FS last year. There are lot more changes that have happened in the offseason. So, how do you know how good they are gonna be. If you watch sportscenter or any of the NFL shows you would see that a lot of people have the raiders as sleepers. This game is supposed to be based off of this year's players not last year. I play online and I've played the Eagles probably 6 or 7 times. I've destroyed some people and some people have destroyed me. The Raiders are not unstoppable by any means. You need to realize this is based on this years raiders, not last. Since the season hasn't started yet you really can't make any comment to how good or bad they are. Who knows, the Raiders could be the best team in the NFL this year.

ok Touche' I'll give you that they weren't on the team last year but were talking about the Raiders......The Raiders! lol best team in the League. if that happens I'll pack up my house, and move to a saddam Hussein spider hole. Best team in the League.......I have rental property on the moon for sale would you like a brochure

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »