Home

RUNNING GAME DISCOVERY (using sprint)

This is a discussion on RUNNING GAME DISCOVERY (using sprint) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2008, 11:02 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: RUNNING GAME DISCOVERY (using sprint)

Definitely gonna try it. I can usually get around 65 yards with Denver's paltry RBs on All-Pro, but I got tired of not getting any 100yd games. I started using custom difficulty, and raised run block up a bit but now it's too easy. Gotta find something tough, but realistic but IMO running on 09 is ridiculously hard. My passing is All Madden, but my running is a pedestrian pro.
Old 08-27-2008, 11:08 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankido
That's when I decided I would stop reading. The problem with the game is that your blockers are oblivious to blocking. When you have the right outside tackle on a HB toss to the right run across the left side of the field to make a block, that's when you know to stop figuring a way to run.

I've been doing pump sprints for years. I hardly use the right analog stick to juke the left stick works fine. I always sprint if there's no defender on me. Sorry to ruin it for you man, there's no real way of running the football. This is a coding issue that needs to be addressed by EA themselves.

Yep. This kind of thing happens entirely too much. It happens on all pro as well.

Old 08-27-2008, 11:28 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 6

Haha I like that dude. But you can see the linebacker in that running to the right,and then coming back to the left, and the fullback was just kinda following him. So the linebacker kinda juked the fullback.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2008, 11:36 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sappy3
Haha I like that dude. But you can see the linebacker in that running to the right,and then coming back to the left, and the fullback was just kinda following him. So the linebacker kinda juked the fullback.
The fullback should block the hole. If a lead blocker sees a guy running away from the hole, he wouldn't try to follow.
Old 08-28-2008, 12:06 AM   #13
MVP

jewelz1132's Arena

OVR: 12

I feel like its always been that way. Like for example, when you scramble the defense gets fast as hell, the same when they are chasing you up field
Old 08-28-2008, 12:23 AM   #14
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

My running game has gotten quite a bit better lately due to really one thing....patience.

I believe the advice of not using the speed burst until your through the hole is iron clad. My experience has been...if you have a decent O-line, the holes will open, but you must be patience and look for them. I know I'm stating the obvious...but for years I failed to really do this. Of course it's far from perfect, but I really like how this years running game was done.
Old 08-28-2008, 12:32 AM   #15
Pro

Ankido's Arena

OVR: 14

HAHAHA i love that video man. He is right though, the FB was juked by the LB but in real life that never happens. The FB's job is to run through the hole and not worry about the LB unless he initiates an attack then he can start blocking him. This has been the major issue in madden for YEARS. Will they ever fix it? I don't know, Ian is running around the forums talking about animations and s*#t. I think he needs to get off his high horse and think about the gameplay rather then graphics.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2008, 12:41 AM   #16
Rookie

wow who could have known run the ball like a real running back would.......genious

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »