Home

Almost fell asleep playing Madden last night....

This is a discussion on Almost fell asleep playing Madden last night.... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2008, 08:23 PM   #33
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: Almost fell asleep playing Madden last night....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
I think the atmosphere and presentation in NCAA 09 are by far better than Madden. I just noticed something NCAA that was really cool and hadn't noticed it before. I was blowing out my opponent and my home crowd started the "na na na na, hey hey goodbye!" chant. That was really awesome. Cmon Madden team, step your game up! Its time now!
Sadly that's nothing new. That chant was implemented in the first year of next gen NCAA; i believe it was 06 or 07? So that too is old and tried.
Old 08-31-2008, 09:48 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 2

I can’t play madden anymore because it has become too boring. Completing a game seems more like a chore than an experience. I remember playing a Jets -Dolphins game the other day and ended up super-siming to the end because I was literally falling asleep. I love NCAA 09 though. I finally completed a dynasty and it took me forever to get through the first year because I found myself playing with multiple teams and getting the most out of the experience. It was such a fun experience! They nailed the atmosphere and each week really felt different. I think I’m gonna just sim through my madden franchise and then export my NCAA players into madden and see how their pro careers go. It’s a shame I spent 60 bucks to sim and not play games. Oh well….There’s hope for next year.
Old 08-31-2008, 10:19 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 4

Well, while I can agree that the atmosphere isn't on par, it's still not a gamekiller for me. I've had so much fun playing Madden, it hasn't gotten hold or boring yet. But I guess different people will want different things out of games of this nature.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2008, 10:22 PM   #36
Mercy Extended. John 3:16

texbuk84's Arena

OVR: 34

yeah the crowd is boring in the game. and online they cheat like hell.
Devils

2kflightschool.webs.com
Old 08-31-2008, 10:38 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 2

I think everything from the stadium camera angles to the player animations is repetitive in madden. This isn’t a big deal if I’m playing a game against a friend. On the other hand it’s a game killer in franchise mode. What’s the motivation of playing through a franchise if there’s no immersion at all. Now they could actually fix this by copying any networks broadcast presentation. NFL 2K5 was successful because they imitated ESPNs presentation nicely. It really felt like you were watching an ESPN Sunday night football game. Madden made a nice addition to the presentation with Back track this year. However, it’s not implemented well. It feels kind of forced and doesn’t really flow well with the game play.
I don’t think the Madden developers get it. They have the ESPN license and they continue to create their own interpretation of what a game should feel like. And frankly speaking…it sucks. I’ll give them one more chance or I’m trying a new hobby.
Old 08-31-2008, 11:51 PM   #38
MVP

Other Guy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingya
I’ll give them one more chance or I’m trying a new hobby.
You probably won't be the only one. With the way all the other sports game are progressing, Madden feels like it is stuck in the mud. There are a few minor upgrades this year, but the Madden series as a whole is getting stale.

Football is by far my favorite sport, but last year I played FIFA about 10 times more than Madden. It was just a better game. Many others are passing Madden as well, and the better they get, the more interest I lose in Madden. I wish Madden wwould be a great game (we all do) but it's just not happening.
Old 09-01-2008, 10:06 AM   #39
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11

EA needs to buy the BackBreakers technology and start from scratch when the next generation of consoles start rolling out.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/32951.html

Last edited by Earl1963; 09-01-2008 at 10:12 AM.
Old 09-01-2008, 11:00 AM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 6

wow u guys still complaining!!!,go get head coach then...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »