Home

Five Predictions for Next Season

This is a discussion on Five Predictions for Next Season within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2008, 12:27 AM   #17
Banned

dopeboy206's Arena

OVR: 18
I can care-less about presentation. They need to fix their interception bug. Their A.I. is bad. I played a game against the computer one time and threw 8 INT's. Some of these interceptions look uncatchable by the cpu because they were out of position but they still did anyways.
Old 09-04-2008, 01:00 AM   #18
MVP

thescoop's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Five Predictions for Next Season

I predict EA finally uses ESPN. Next year we'll get a weekly NFL Live show to watch, Pre-game show, halftime show (complete with highlights from other games around the league) and post game show.

I predict Ea will bring stadium sounds over to Madden next year so we can put actually music used at these stadiums.

I predict Ea will put some focus on crowds and the roar of the crowds. Now we'll see fans cheer at the right times.

I predict EA will give us real sidelines that are actually interactive. They will follow a page from 2k's playbook.

I predict EA will finetune the madden IQ and make it more workable.

I predict Madden and NCAA will be more close in features and improvements

I predict I'd be very happy if at least half this list made it into the game.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:33 AM   #19
MVP

Radja's Arena

OVR: 17
i predict next season, the reviews for ncaa and madden will be glowing and fail be in the 9 range calling it the greatest nfl/ncaa football games ever.

i predict that 3 weeks later the author of said review will then post how there are huge areas that need improvement.

i predict that that the author will also predict EA will finally fix the wish list of 2006 by 2012.
Old 09-04-2008, 01:26 PM   #20
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopeboy206
I can care-less about presentation. They need to fix their interception bug. Their A.I. is bad. I played a game against the computer one time and threw 8 INT's. Some of these interceptions look uncatchable by the cpu because they were out of position but they still did anyways.
You say that...but I am willing to bet most gamers would play a game with awesome gameplay with absolutely terrible presentation and would come away feeling the game was just so-so. I think the expectations of gamers has risen to the point where just great gameplay is not enough to please the masses anymore. Does anyone else agree or am I off my rocker?
Old 09-05-2008, 10:52 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 16
I completely agree with you Chris. Great presentation has been done for this type of game, and EA has the capability. If you are throwing eight interceptions in a game you need to quit going deep so much, try to find open recievers. We pay $65 per game, personally I expect quit a bit out of a game for that kind of money.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2008, 01:07 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 4

I predict that EA will never use the ESPN license becuase the only reason they bought it is so that 2K can't use it.

I predict that next year's Madden will feature QB's dropping back 15 yards hucking up 60 yard bombs.

I predict that there will be no signs of a real pocket for the QB to throw from.

I predict that offensive linemen will just stand there and not block anybody when you play on All Madden.

I predict that the franchise will freeze on me like it has for the past three years.

I predict that they will add more things that I never would dream of using like Tron Mode, and Superstar Mode.

I predict that when my halfback runs a flat pattern, and I throw it to him, that he will run the pattern all the way to the sideline, catch the ball right next to the sideline, and then make no attempt to not go out of bounds. BTW this has been happening since Madden 93.

I predict that the announcer will not call the players by there names, but rather say things like "He catches the ball", "He throws it deep", or "He slides to the ground."
Old 09-08-2008, 12:28 PM   #23
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
I predict that when my halfback runs a flat pattern, and I throw it to him, that he will run the pattern all the way to the sideline, catch the ball right next to the sideline, and then make no attempt to not go out of bounds. BTW this has been happening since Madden 93.
FYI, EA fixed this in a patch for NCAA 09 and the sideline play is much better. Too bad all CPU controlled players avoid the sidelines like a plague and run back into the middle of the field on easy breakaways. Doesn't EA realize that most breakaway plays happen down a sideline? I've rarely seen a player in real life who is streaking down a sideline with nobody in front of them all of a sudden start zig-zagging back towards the hash marks.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:56 PM   #24
Rookie

tbbuccaneer87's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ofdman
EA knows EXACTLY what they are doing! They have PLENTY of meetings when deciding what to work on and what NOT to work on so having a BLAND, non existent atmosphere is all part of the plan. Just another thing they can, attempt anyways, to get everyone excited about NEXT year. Haven't you guys noticed by now EA's plan? Their method of operation? One step forward, two steps back. They know good and well that their game lacks in this area or that area. It's all on PURPOSE just to set up next years HYPE!

"It's all...part of the plan." That should be their tag line instead of "It's in the game" since it fits a lot better. And, is true. "It's in the game" ??? Yeah right.

Pathetic that after all these years and especially after 2K5 that EA doesn't have a pre game / half time / post game show. Madden 09 is boring. Plan BORING!
lol i read a funny *** tag line for ea. instead of "It's in the game", it said "It's in the game....next year". i thought it was hilarious.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »