Home

Madden 09 Quick Patch #2 Update From EA

This is a discussion on Madden 09 Quick Patch #2 Update From EA within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 12:39 AM   #25
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Quick patch 2 update from EA

This is great News!

Franchise freezing issues being fixed with patch #2 was what I was most hoping for. This will be wonderful not to have to worry about lock ups now. Great work Ian & Co....and much thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2008, 12:54 AM   #26
MVP

OVR: 12

This is OUTSTANDING news. I have NO problem whatsoever waiting an extra 2-3 weeks for a patch that fixes these issues. I would rather have that, then have a patch out sooner that doesn't fix the issues that make this game umplayable.
Old 09-04-2008, 12:56 AM   #27
Rookie

MU ATO's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWSpalehoseCWS
Awesome, I can easily wait a few weeks to start my Bears franchise.

Me too. I waited weeks to start my NCAA dynasty. Might as well hold off on Madden into it's fixed!
Old 09-04-2008, 01:36 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 1

Awesome! I was so worried because it appeared as if you guys were going to overlook this (what I think the biggest) problem. I will repurchase a copy of Madden once this patch is out and has been confirmed to work. Sucks that it's going to be a few weeks! It feels like the wait for the initial release all over again.
Old 09-04-2008, 02:47 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 2

Well, not really beeing happy to wait again for the patch - though (hopefully) franchise freezing isues finally beeing fixed is the most important thing. So I guess I'll be just patiened and wait

Is it still valid that there is no need to start a franchise over after the patch will be applied? As I didnt have any problems into season 2 or even 3 so far, I might as well start one after the roster is updated. Not having that much time on a daily basis, shouldnt be a problem to play a bit AND wait for the patch at the same time
Old 09-04-2008, 05:30 AM   #30
Banned

OVR: 8

I'm not really happy waiting longer for a patch either. The WR Direct Snap is the worst glitch of all time and deserves imeadiate attention.

I like playing quick match to get the best possible connection and not having to screw around in a lobby. Well, this is impossible right now.
Old 09-04-2008, 05:31 AM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture15
I'm back now and wanted to relay some news - we found and fixed the Franchise freezing issue that some have been seeing and decided to delay the patch a couple of days in order to get that in. Major thanks to this community ...a few folks here on OperationSports actually emailed me PS3 Franchise files which allowed us to track the issue down much more quickly. You guys rock - as always!

The patch is now at our internal quality control group, and then on to Sony and Microsoft by (we think) Friday.

We are still targeting about 2-3 weeks from now for the patch to drop, and of course I will keep you updated as things progress.

Ian
Does this solve the Play Now and in-game freezing?

I am unable to even complete one single game on my 360 at the moment

I am now at the point where I am using a Dummy profile to make it competitive and realistic (and spending money on a second controller), using rewind when the glitches appear

Last night, the game froze when I hit rewind after the CPU ran out of bounds like an idiot
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2008, 05:47 AM   #32
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture15
I'm back now and wanted to relay some news - we found and fixed the Franchise freezing issue that some have been seeing and decided to delay the patch a couple of days in order to get that in. Major thanks to this community ...a few folks here on OperationSports actually emailed me PS3 Franchise files which allowed us to track the issue down much more quickly. You guys rock - as always!

The patch is now at our internal quality control group, and then on to Sony and Microsoft by (we think) Friday.

We are still targeting about 2-3 weeks from now for the patch to drop, and of course I will keep you updated as things progress.

Ian
This is wonderful and we are all grateful for you're keeping us informed. Sometime back you also talked of a patch the will be free DLC that will included cpu sliders among other thing hows this coming along. Some of us will be waiting to start our franchise until we get the patch as well as this DLC content.

Thanks again
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »