Home

Fixing the Dline Part I - Line Stunts and Aiming Points/Charges

This is a discussion on Fixing the Dline Part I - Line Stunts and Aiming Points/Charges within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2008, 03:13 AM   #49
Pro

Sigma4Life's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Fixing the Dline Part I - Line Stunts and Aiming Points/Charges

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture15
We actually captured these last October (we had originally captured them way back in June of 04 but we weren't happy with the effort level), but as you can see, the task just hasn't made the cut in the past, oh, 6 years.

I really hope we can get these in for this year though...the animations are very cool.
That's great to hear, hopefully it makes it into 2010.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:52 AM   #50
Pro

OVR: 9

I really, really think Madden needs the AI to start using pursuit angles... Time after time I've started what should only be a 10-15 yard gain on a run to the outside and the defenders just don't play the angles right...

As far as the O-Line and D-Line go, do you think we could get some zone blocking schemes for the O-Line? Or do you think it would be a hassle Ian?
Old 09-09-2008, 10:19 AM   #51
Banned

OVR: 10

Its great to see that you all have a plan and a direction for the animations, kind of gives me more hope for the future. I do have a few questions tho. . .

1) How man animations will 20-10 have vs 09 because it seemed to me after a week i had seen all the animations. There needs to be atleast 2x more in every facet of the game.

2) Will there finally be ' in traffic' running back animations like pushing blockers and such? I'm so tired of getting hung up on a blocker and missing daylight or feeling like i'm just 'Mario running' while in a crowd.

3) Will there be more falling animations in the game (this goes hand in hand with the balance rating i suggested)? People often do not realize how often players fall while making catches, trying to juke, after a juke and slipping in and out of route cuts.

4) Will the animations blend together smoother? for example the abruptness of (some) the gangtackles and the mid air 'spectacular catch' collisions.

5) Will there be true organic 3man plus gangtackles? I ask because i never feel like with the 'gangtackles' in the game now that i can add on to the current tackle from any direction, high or low, be it dive, collision or hitstick.

I find it very important with the great branching running that you all have included because i often find myself helpless as my tackling command doesent add on to the current tackle that i see is being broken.

6) Will the controls be analog again (walking, jogging)?

7) And FINALLY, will the Hitstick and its animations be momentim and direction based? As of right now a player can be moving slowly or change direction, flick the stick and get and exaggerated hit animation. Most big hits come when a player has committed to a direction and has built up his speed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2008, 10:48 AM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 2

Ian, I never saw a reply from you in regards to why suction blocking is mandatory? If I simply missed it, I apologize and just wanted to mention my appreciation of your time/effort. Thanks.
Old 09-09-2008, 01:58 PM   #53
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture15
We actually captured these last October (we had originally captured them way back in June of 04 but we weren't happy with the effort level), but as you can see, the task just hasn't made the cut in the past, oh, 6 years.

I really hope we can get these in for this year though...the animations are very cool.
Can you give us some info on what WILL make it into next year's game? Will some form of speed rush be in the game? Will engaged blocks get any mobility? Will there be defensive moves added to spin & swim? Will users generally have more control when playing with d-linemen?

What, if anything, won't make it into '10 that you would like to get in eventually?

And what about special teams blocking? Any specific blocking for FGs(push up the middle), punt returns(double team on gunners)?
Old 09-09-2008, 03:01 PM   #54
Banned

OVR: 12

This is the reason I don't run any type of stunts in Madden.....I always playmaker the line to either slant in a certain direction or just loop or crash to the middle......The stunts and twists dont' work and the QB will have all day to throw unless you had an outside blitz coming from somewhere.....
Old 09-09-2008, 09:13 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 6

Another question for you Ian:

Did you guys capture any short yardage-specific running animations for both RBs and QBs? In general, can you tell us if running between the tackles in short-yardage situations will feel more organic, or less robotic and pre-scripted like in Madden 09?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2008, 01:05 AM   #56
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonynyy
Another question for you Ian:

Did you guys capture any short yardage-specific running animations for both RBs and QBs?
QB sneak animations would be nice, assuming short yardage blocking anims for the OL get in.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »