Home

Time for Madden to shush the presentation critics

This is a discussion on Time for Madden to shush the presentation critics within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2008, 08:16 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Time for Madden to shush the presentation critics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synkopated
I really wanted to give me imput on something, I went to my first NFL football game, the 49ers vs the Eagles. What was so crazy about it was even though the 49ers are really a pretty poor performing team, all of us (the crowd) really got into it. I mean we were LOUD. It was such an adrenaline rush when we had the blocked field goal with time expiring in the second that was returned for a TD.

Ian I am about 99.8% positive that you've been to an NFL game. This wasn't even a playoff game and I can't describe how intense it got. Something that has always made me chuckle in Madden is when the defense tries to pump up the crowd, they start getting louder and louder and it's getting up there, then the ball is snapped and you could hear a pin drop.
Yeah its weird how in some ways they capture the football stadium so well and then (i.e. the crowd going quiet) its totally unrealistic. The mood breaks really hurt.
NBA 09: The Inside8.0
Madden 09 : 8.0
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2008, 08:26 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 18

Christ, add half of these things and this is a completely different game.

GREAT post.
Old 10-23-2008, 08:32 PM   #43
MVP

Speaking specifically to the score overlay, it makes field goals so anti-climatic this year, because you can't even see what the hell is going on half of the time.
Old 10-23-2008, 11:45 PM   #44
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

you know I think a year of the madden team working on presentation beats a year of the madden team working on gameplay. Heres why-

I still play the "other game" I go to play at Giants stadium, after a cut scene of manhattan, I have my custom NFL on CBS intro and the games intro of players shown warming up and the announcers warming up, then the kickoff. Im already into the game at this point emmersed completely. then I start looking forward to the hlftime show and post game show. In franchise I get commentary and graphics of division standing,etc. Im emmersed in the game and I havent spent a second picking apart the DB AI or how the OT is bocking the DT or not. In that game there is so much going on that it takes alot away from whats wrong from a gameplay standpoint. Madden will never be perfect, ever. Even if 10 companies got the license, no company would ever make a perfect football game from a gameplay standpont. Its what each game brings to the table off the field and pregame/post game that, from a customer standpoint, will determine the best game.

If madden brought in equal or better presentation from its last compeitor, that game would finally die off and madden would get a lot less critisizm about uniform colors,etc. Just right now all you have is like pick your tema and play, and when people drop 100 hours on just playing 4 quarters and nothing else, your goin to get picked apart.
Old 10-24-2008, 09:10 AM   #45
MVP

Another thing I'd love to see is every player being interactive on the sidelines. When I sub players in and out I want them to run on and off of the field.

I wonder how taxing that would be on the system including chain gangs, refs, etc...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2008, 11:29 AM   #46
MVP

OVR: 16

Great thread!
Old 10-24-2008, 06:36 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 6

There should just be a mode that you can flick on, like one step above all madden that would allow all of the realistic touches (running play clock, players running on and off the field...) so that EA could still keep their "casual" game market and we could be happy
NBA 09: The Inside8.0
Madden 09 : 8.0
Old 10-24-2008, 08:05 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 3

I am impressed to the highest degree, congratulations you might have a job somewhere.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »