Home

DLC update?? Ian......anyone???

This is a discussion on DLC update?? Ian......anyone??? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 06:40 PM   #17
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: DLC update?? Ian......anyone???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netherscourge
Why does it take 2 to 3 weeks AFTER EA finishes a patch for Sony/MS to release it?
Because they have there own testing and certification process to make sure (amongst other things, I'd imagine) there are no buggy conflicts with their servers. I think it's funny that so many people p*ss and moan for more meticulous testing (rightfully so, in most cases) and turn around and p*ss and moan about how long the process takes when testing actually takes place. Pretty goof, if you ask me.

...By the way, I'm in no way saying that you are complaining. I know you were just asking a question. Your post just triggered the thought as I've seen many complaints about the time the patch is taking (even some complaining that it was held up to ADD a fix for freezing issues). People sure do get crazy about these games sometimes.
Old 09-06-2008, 07:00 PM   #18
Pro

markprior22's Arena

OVR: 7

The more I play, the more I wonder if something in particular "triggers" robo QB to kick in. In almost all my games, the opposition QB starts out with reasonable numbers, usually even numbers far in my favor (2/6, 1/4, etc). Then, all of the sudden, he completes 15 or 20 consecutive passes. Just an idea but I can't help but wonder if there is something besides QB accuracy at fault here.
Old 09-06-2008, 07:05 PM   #19
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by markprior22
The more I play, the more I wonder if something in particular "triggers" robo QB to kick in. In almost all my games, the opposition QB starts out with reasonable numbers, usually even numbers far in my favor (2/6, 1/4, etc). Then, all of the sudden, he completes 15 or 20 consecutive passes. Just an idea but I can't help but wonder if there is something besides QB accuracy at fault here.
You know, I've actually thought the same thing. There just seems to be times when it kicks in and then you just sit back in awe. I just played the Bills, and Trent Edwards was crap for 2 1/2 Quarters. Midway through the 3rd he just started picking me apart for about three straight drives. The "bright side" is that if they get to far into the red zone without scoring they become EXTREMELY prone to picks...allowing the madness to stop. Of course, you are stopping madness with madness...
Old 09-06-2008, 07:39 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 9

With the sliders do you think it will be at all possible for you folks at EA to squeeze in something like a game speed slider(controls speed of animations) and a player speed slider(self explanatory), Ian?

This game moves way to fast for me, lol, and I'm only 17... My dad was gonna get a copy of this himself, but he came and played me and I whooped that ***... he said that he just didn't know what was going on at any given time, haha. I mean, I know the NFL is fast, but damn!!

Organized confusion, ftw.
Old 09-06-2008, 07:55 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by markprior22
I don't think there is a trigger for it. Something I found kind of insane was I knocked Kitna out of the game, and the back up came in and completely torched me going something like 22-25 for 300+ yds. The QB thing is starting to wear on me. Every game I play has the QBs with insane completion %, and my DBs appear to get dumber the further the season goes. In game 1 they will swat at the ball, but by game 10 they are looking like a pitcher watching a homer sail over the wall. I've only seen a few games against the cpu where the QB had an utterly bad game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2008, 09:45 PM   #22
Pro

Revolution42's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moegames
Hey rook, chill pal..he has a legitimate question man and i bet my last dollar this thread will get a nice handful of replies asking the same thing because honestly, the DLC is just as important to most of us as Patch#2. Using dummy sliders and two gamepads to play single player isnt the most efficient way of tweaking the game to play satisfactory.

Thanks for update
Valid point.....dummy sliders...multiple controllers just to play a single person game. Thats not what a person would anticipate being required to do in order to play a game. That stacked on top of all the other user reported problems.....kinda bleak....
Old 09-06-2008, 10:01 PM   #23
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

OVR: 40

I still honestly don't know what EA was thinking by taking away CPU sliders this year.

I don't know if they did it to make use their Madden IQ feature or what, but I am a little disappointed that they left out CPU sliders.

I would hope don't need to pay for them. If so, that would be a new all time low.
It makes me sad
I post the frog
Old 09-06-2008, 10:06 PM   #24
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
I still honestly don't know what EA was thinking by taking away CPU sliders this year.

I don't know if they did it to make use their Madden IQ feature or what, but I am a little disappointed that they left out CPU sliders.

I would hope don't need to pay for them. If so, that would be a new all time low.
You won't have to pay. The DLC pack that would include them (provided it gets finished/approved, whatever) will be free. That point was emphasized both by Phill and Ian.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »