Home

This Guys Letter To Congress about EA!! Great Read!

This is a discussion on This Guys Letter To Congress about EA!! Great Read! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2008, 10:08 PM   #73
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: This Guys Letter To Congress about EA!! Great Read!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuckmoufjonez
I hear yah man... Cowher... Help us out man... What are some things you think would be helpful to get this in the right places and to the right people... (Harness a little of that emotion tiger...lol...Trying to keep the thread open and keep ideas flowing) Please do share!
Thanks yuck.

I feel this thread SHOULD stay open,BUT....I'm not so sure it's as simple as "letting Ian know" the issues.
I will say though,I am enjoying the game,but as time goes on,the bugs are becoming more apparent.
I don't really post here much anymore,but I would be more than willing to see that this gets into the "right hands".

What really gets me......is the "hyping for 2010" before 09 even shipped! I keep seeing the posts about the guy from head coach coming over for Madden 10,and is supposed to rectify the "weak" franchise.....5 YEARS LATER!.....unbelievable bro,and what gets me,is some cats don't seem to be bothered by this!

I would say,that sending emails to the NFL would be the place to start though....we all know that the NFL doesn't want that shield tarnished.
It's no coincedence Madden's best years were due to a little thing known as competition.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 09-06-2008, 10:15 PM   #74
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
Then it comes down to how bad you feel you need a T.V.

You said it yourself, the game has "recurring problems from previous versions" meaning you, as a consumer, had a fair amount of insight to what the product history is. Many of the people on this site who complain rushed out to buy this game on day 1 (many at zero hour) and seem shocked as to the status of the game.

This is not exclusive to EA. for some reason, sports games have been problematic for developers on next gen. MLB 2K7 had a serious franchise freezing issue. there were freezing and lag issues (even offline) in MLB 2K8. Not to mention numerous other bugs/glitches. For the show fans, there are plenty of bugs and glitches in that game (including a crash issue when you get to 200 career HRs in franchise mode) and aspects would be virtually unplayable for some without serious help from fellow community members.

I would echo the point made by Guillotine that this is exactly what a site such as this is for: to voice complaints (and contrary to popular belief, it's allowed as long as you're mature about it) and help fellow gamers. With a credible amount of input from game developers on this site, that point is only being bolstered. Not to belabor a point, but requesting intervention from government for what, in reality, is a minor issue does seem extreme. I would also echo the point made by others earlier that it would make more sense to voice your opinion to EA, community leaders, the BBB, and even the NFL in order to either shake EA into action (which I personally think has already happened) or shake the NFL into action by having them open the license to multiple developers (less likely).

Glad you decided to join Sox... Just to catch you up a bit... The hypothetical question that I posed was to simplify the situation... I wanted to downscale what were talking about and put it into a cubists perspective...

None of us here are trying to compare EA to 2k, Madden to NFL 2k5, etc.. We are simply taking a guys letter to his congressman, and challenging ourselves to come up with fresh ideas as to how we can objectively and effectively get our points across... You validated most of what everyone is saying here on the board and more importantly in this thread... The Gaming Industry is getting way out of control with glitches, recurring errors, unplayable sections of the game, etc... It's all across the board...

EA, more specifically, has added the most pressure to themselves by having exclusivity... As gamers, we all want the best game possible... As consumer, I want the best product possible, and if a company decides to buy exclusivity for "BLENDERS" then that company better make some "OFF THE CHARTS BLENDERS" or they are going to get hell in a hand basket... You don't take away choice and not meet expectation...

There's a saying that goes around Corporate America and Retail:

Always "under-promise" and "over-deliver" but never "over-promise" and "under-deliver"
Old 09-06-2008, 10:21 PM   #75
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
Thanks yuck.

I feel this thread SHOULD stay open,BUT....I'm not so sure it's as simple as "letting Ian know" the issues.
I will say though,I am enjoying the game,but as time goes on,the bugs are becoming more apparent.
I don't really post here much anymore,but I would be more than willing to see that this gets into the "right hands".

What really gets me......is the "hyping for 2010" before 09 even shipped! I keep seeing the posts about the guy from head coach coming over for Madden 10,and is supposed to rectify the "weak" franchise.....5 YEARS LATER!.....unbelievable bro,and what gets me,is some cats don't seem to be bothered by this!

I would say,that sending emails to the NFL would be the place to start though....we all know that the NFL doesn't want that shield tarnished.
It's no coincedence Madden's best years were due to a little thing known as competition.

Thanks Cowher... This thread is in no way, shape, nor form, meant for Ian or any dev. from EA... If they look at it, then I would like for them to see a group of individuals who are going to make "something" come into action one way or another by "free-thinking", brain-storming, and bouncing ideas off of each other, instead of bashing, ranting, vilifying one another or the companies we have the problem with.

Thanks for the suggestions man and keep them comimg... I'm compiling a list, and thinking of actually starting a website and pull some of my pre-law buddies in to see how we can legally change something...

Progress is anything moving forward... No matter how slow!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2008, 10:23 PM   #76
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Thanks yuck.

Well, you can lump me into the category of someone who's not bothered by this. The reason is that franchise is a feature that is secondary to gameplay and not (outside of it being present) a major selling feature for "next gen" gaming. With the general lack of direction for the Madden series on "next gen" it is hard to build features that don't directly influence gameplay.

Madden has been a mess on "next gen" which is why my expectations are lower than some, I suppose. I don't hang on every release like some do and I just don't get that worked up about things. Madden is basically in the rebuilding process. 09 appears to essentially be like an 8-8 season: the talent is there but not enough things working together to make it a real winner. I hold franchise mode higher in priority than most, but I also understand that there is a business/marketing side to things as well...I truly beleive it's something the developers themselves feel pressing on them all the time.

In the mean time, I really enjoy Head Coach and am pleasantly suprised by Madden (remember, lower expectations). With patch #2 and the hopeful addition of DLC the game will be more than enough to keep me moderately entertained. I agree that the franchise mode is mostly an abomination and 2010 needs to bring it to get my money. If it doesn't though, I'l exercise my right as a consumer to keep my money and go outside with a football and some buddies instead
Old 09-06-2008, 10:27 PM   #77
Pro

Quote:
Well, you can lump me into the category of someone who's not bothered by this. The reason is that franchise is a feature that is secondary to gameplay and not (outside of it being present) a major selling feature for "next gen" gaming. With the general lack of direction for the Madden series on "next gen" it is hard to build features that don't directly influence gameplay.

Madden has been a mess on "next gen" which is why my expectations are lower than some, I suppose. I don't hang on every release like some do and I just don't get that worked up about things. Madden is basically in the rebuilding process. 09 appears to essentially be like an 8-8 season: the talent is there but not enough things working together to make it a real winner. I hold franchise mode higher in priority than most, but I also understand that there is a business/marketing side to things as well...I truly beleive it's something the developers themselves feel pressing on them all the time.

In the mean time, I really enjoy Head Coach and am pleasantly suprised by Madden (remember, lower expectations). With patch #2 and the hopeful addition of DLC the game will be more than enough to keep me moderately entertained. I agree that the franchise mode is mostly an abomination and 2010 needs to bring it to get my money. If it doesn't though, I'l exercise my right as a consumer to keep my money and go outside with a football and some buddies instead

Well said man.... I wish I had time to go outside with buddies and play football... My life is books...lol... great post man.... "Abomination".. That had me rolling man!
Old 09-06-2008, 10:28 PM   #78
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuckmoufjonez
Thanks Cowher... This thread is in no way, shape, nor form, meant for Ian or any dev. from EA... If they look at it, then I would like for them to see a group of individuals who are going to make "something" come into action one way or another by "free-thinking", brain-storming, and bouncing ideas off of each other, instead of bashing, ranting, vilifying one another or the companies we have the problem with.

Thanks for the suggestions man and keep them comimg... I'm compiling a list, and thinking of actually starting a website and pull some of my pre-law buddies in to see how we can legally change something...

Progress is anything moving forward... No matter how slow!
I understand the intent,and I fully agree with what you're saying.
Like I was saying though.....I still feel the first course of action (and probably the best) would be to contact the NFL,because I can't help to think,that if the NFL feels their image is being tarnished,some course of action should be forthcoming.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
Old 09-06-2008, 10:33 PM   #79
Pro

Quote:
I understand the intent,and I fully agree with what you're saying.
Like I was saying though.....I still feel the first course of action (and probably the best) would be to contact the NFL,because I can't help to think,that if the NFL feels their image is being tarnished,some course of action should be forthcoming.
Cool... Got it... How about this... Do you think we should accompany the email to the League Office with links to forums like these, websites, youtube & vimeo links to video displaying our grievances?
Old 09-06-2008, 10:36 PM   #80
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

Quote:

I do agree with some of your points....but I feel as though franchise is just as important as the actual gameplay.....without franchise all you're left with is a season mode,and online.
While I do agree with your point about "rebuilding".....it's getting ALMOST to where some of the "next gen" machines start rolling around.....then what? back to square 1.
Like I was saying....I do enjoy this years version,but for so many issues to be repeated year after year,it does get to be a bit ridiculous...lol
Quote:

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »