Home

This Guys Letter To Congress about EA!! Great Read!

This is a discussion on This Guys Letter To Congress about EA!! Great Read! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2008, 07:36 PM   #33
Pro

Revolution42's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: This Guys Letter To Congress about EA!! Great Read!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuckmoufjonez
Congress is the law making body of the United States. Congress is made up of two houses, the Congress and the Senate. The main power of Congress is to make the laws that, when signed by the President, become the laws that American people must abide by.

To Run for Congress, a person must be 25 years of age and have been a United States citizen for seven years, and be elected by the the people he or she represents.

Members of Congress represent the people of their district. The people share their views with their Congressman, who in turn, votes on matters in a way that best suit the needs of the people in that district.

EA'S BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU SCORE
FIND OUT FOR YOURSELF... HERE

Other EA Studios Scores: EA Canada

Any other great suggestions chessboxer? The problem is most people don't know (you probably didn't or you probably wouldn't have posted that last part about BBB) that EA's BBB score is.... Then, there are some out there who care to know, but don't have the means or the minds to know how to care! This is what forums are for... This is what other avenues and mediums like message boards, the youtubes, and the podcasts of the world are for. To give those that want it, a means to get viable and vital information for what the individual feels is important to them.
If memory serves me correct, upon researching 5 'western states' it was rated as "unsatisfactory" in the 5 I looked at. Just a FYI for anyone that cares...
Old 09-06-2008, 07:39 PM   #34
Pro

Revolution42's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookedup4life31
Good read/stuff. Hopefully people can discuss this in a mature fashion and get a few responses if it doesn't get locked.
destined for "locked" as soon as the "submit reply" was hit...
Old 09-06-2008, 07:40 PM   #35
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

The simple fact is this: EA does (eventually) fix their games to make them "playable." Personal definitions aside, if you can use all the features without failure (such as freezing issues) then the game is technically not broken.

Not to turn this into a political discussion, but this is exactly the attitude that exemplifies many of the problems our country has. We have problems with something, we expect somebody else (usually our government) to fix it.
If the game was truly broken AND you couldn't get a refund or credit (and you can if you call EA and hassle them...it has been done several times over) then absolutely, someone should step in.

The problem is, most people are too lazy to fight for their own rights or would just rather complain about the "evil corporations." The "I shouldn't have to" attitude that pervades these types of issues is a major contributor to the real problem. The fact is that after the miriad issues that were present in 06, 07, and 08 buyers should have at least been skeptical. Many of the issues people have with 09 were disovered within a few days of release. Aside from the freezing, which is being addressed, there is nothing "broken" about the game. There are many things unsatisfactory about it but, again, it comes down to how much work you're willing to do as a consumer.

I knew there were things about this game (and Head Coach) that would frustrate me when I purchased it. I got my copy about a week after release simply because I was itching to play Head Coach. I had read plenty of armageddon posts about how horrible aspects of this game was. I, admittedly, was so revved up to play Head Coach (after the equally plentiful number of good reviews it got) that I took the plunge. At that point, beyond issues that prevent the game from working (such as freezing), I am responsible for my decision. I had time to make a decision and rented the game to "test drive" it, so to speak.

All that said, everyone is well within their rights to complain on sites such as these and even to the level of writing to congress. It's what makes our country great, and I wouldn't change that. I just think that at some point we should recognize that a big part of the problem is right there in our mirror
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2008, 08:04 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
The simple fact is this: EA does (eventually) fix their games to make them "playable." Personal definitions aside, if you can use all the features without failure (such as freezing issues) then the game is technically not broken.
OK so what about the people without an internet connection who have bought the game(& contrary to popular belief, there are a lot of people out there like this)? They're stuck w/a defective product that they cannot return. Why should they have to go through all the trouble of getting a jump drive(PS3 users) & finding someone with an internet connection to get their patch? It is not their responsibility.

Everyone has their opinions on whether this is something for Congress to hear or maybe waste their time with & that's fine either way(I myself have my doubts as to whether it's an issue that would warrant Congress's involvement when there's bigger fish to fry). But in the end, it is still something to TRY. At worst, it will get no response, not even a glance & you may have wasted an hour of your life. At best, it could get the ball rolling. Either way, giving it a TRY won't hurt you or the next person. It may or may not work, but at least this person is trying to do something within their power about something they're unsatisfied with rather than most of us here(including myself), just coming to bitch & moan about it.

Last edited by sqeg; 09-06-2008 at 08:06 PM. Reason: typos
Old 09-06-2008, 08:11 PM   #37
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqeg
OK so what about the people without an internet connection who have bought the game(& contrary to popular belief, there are a lot of people out there like this)? They're stuck w/a defective product that they cannot return. Why should they have to go through all the trouble of getting a jump drive(PS3 users) & finding someone with an internet connection to get their patch? It is not their responsibility.

Everyone has their opinions on whether this is something for Congress to hear or maybe waste their time with & that's fine either way(I myself have my doubts as to whether it's an issue that would warrant Congress's involvement when there's bigger fish to fry). But in the end, it is still something to TRY. At worst, it will get no response, not even a glance & you may have wasted an hour of your life. At best, it could get the ball rolling. Either way, giving it a TRY won't hurt you or the next person. It may or may not work, but at least this person is trying to do something within their power about something they're unsatisfied with rather than most of us here(including myself), just coming to bitch & moan about it.
I'll repeat, email the NFL, hound the NFL, send your letters of protest, concern, and aggrivation to the NFL. If the NFL believes that this will in any way damage their image, or cost them money at all they will be on top of it, and command EAs attention, because we obviously do not.
Old 09-06-2008, 08:17 PM   #38
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqeg

Everyone has their opinions on whether this is something for Congress to hear or maybe waste their time with but, in the end, it is still something to TRY. At worst, it will get no response, not even a glance & you may have wasted an hour of your life. At best, it could get the ball rolling. Either way, giving it a TRY won't hurt you or the next person. It may or may not work, but at least this person is trying to do something within their power about something they're unsatisfied with rather than most of us here(including myself), just coming to bitch & moan about it.
lol...I never argued that point at all. I even said I understand and respect people's right and wish to use congress as an avenue. I just don't agree with it, as I feel it's taking it beyond the level where it should be handled. Not a right or wrong thing, just my opinion.

As for the internet connection, I see your point, but it kind of points to my other comments about the consumers role. Like it or not, the internet is a primary avenue for games these days. Heck, I get frustrated when games (like Madden) spend more time catering to an online crowd than people who play solo or "in house" primarily (as I do).

Yes, as far as functionality, you should get the same experience as people with a connection do. I don't believe it's a legal matter though as much as it is grounds for a full refund. EA can't be held responsible for whether or not people have the internet any more than they can be held responsible for whether or not you have a high definition TV. These systems were pretty much advertised as ideal for online gaming. This is not to say you should have to have an internet connection to get a functioning game, but there is certainly nothing new about how patches are delivered.
Old 09-06-2008, 08:18 PM   #39
Pro

OVR: 16

I'm not gonna lie, some of you guys take this gaming thing way too seriously.

Another point: MLB 2k8 wasn't very good, yet no one wrote letters to Congress about that...
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCo-LINEBACKER-
Yes, theyre are, healthy people to, not the obese kind.
Old 09-06-2008, 08:20 PM   #40
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Icon6 Re: This Guys Letter To Congress about EA!! Great Read!

You can also file complaints with the BBB in EA's corporate home office area.
http://www.consumeraction.gov/caw_pr...omplaint.shtml

Use the sample complaint below to draft a complaint letter or e-mail. You can also copy and paste your complaint into a company's "Contact Us" form.

When filing a complaint, keep these things in mind:
  • Remain calm. The person who can help didn't cause the problem.
  • Don't use an angry, threatening or sarcastic tone.
  • State exactly what you want done about the problem.
  • Document each step, and keep copies.
  • Start with the seller first. You can resolve many problems by calling a company's toll free number. Even on the phone, you should know the details of the complaint. You can use the sample letter below to jot down a few notes before you call. If necessary, ask to speak to a manager.
  • If that doesn't work, send a letter or e-mail to the manufacturer's national headquarters or consumer affairs office. Some experts suggest that a letter is the most effective method for contacting a company. If e-mails and phone calls don't work, try the old fashioned way.
  • If the problem still isn't resolved, try your local consumer protection agency, Better Business Bureau or other helpful organization.
  • If all else fails, consider filing a small claims suit or hiring an attorney.
Sample Complaint Letter Sample Complaint E-mail

Your Address
Your City, State, Zip Code
(Your e-mail address if sending via e-mail)

Date
Name of Contact Person (if available)
Title (if available)
Company Name
Consumer Complaint Division (if you have no specific contact)
Street Address
City, State, Zip Code
Dear (Contact Person):
Re: (account number, if applicable)
On (date), I (bought, leased, rented, or had repaired) a (name of the product, with serial or model number or service performed) at (location, date and other important details of the transaction).
Unfortunately, your product (or service) has not performed well (or the service was inadequate) because (state the problem). I am disappointed because (explain the problem: for example, the product does not work properly, the service was not performed correctly, I was billed the wrong amount, something was not disclosed clearly or was misrepresented, etc.).
To resolve the problem, I would appreciate your (state the specific action you want - money back, charge card credit, repair, exchange, etc.). Enclosed are copies (do not send originals) of my records (include receipts, guarantees, warranties, canceled checks, contracts, model and serial numbers, and any other documents).
I look forward to your reply and a resolution to my problem and will wait until (set a time limit) before seeking help from a consumer protection agency or the Better Business Bureau. Please contact me at the above address or by phone at (home and/or office numbers with area code).
Sincerely,
Your name
Enclosure(s)

Remember to:
• describe purchase
• include the name of product, serial number
• include the date and place of purchase
• state problem
• give history
• ask for specific action
• allow time for action
• state how you can be reached
• enclose copies of documents (but never send originals)

Keep copies of all your letters, faxes, e-mails, and related documents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »