Home

Wheres the run game?

This is a discussion on Wheres the run game? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2008, 12:29 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Wheres the run game?

I play in a league on the all madden setting and can't run w/ Minnesota,I know how to run following blocks and not sprinting,its getting frustrated watching Hutch and McKinnie miss a block and run around doing nothing while a LB cleans me up instantly for a 4 yard loss,tired of seeing 9 carries for 19 yards w/ Peterson.Its sickning to the point where every game is a passfest with the pittiful man defense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2008, 01:23 AM   #2
Rookie

Titus001's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Wheres the run game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by likebuttababy11
I play in a league on the all madden setting and can't run w/ Minnesota,I know how to run following blocks and not sprinting,its getting frustrated watching Hutch and McKinnie miss a block and run around doing nothing while a LB cleans me up instantly for a 4 yard loss,tired of seeing 9 carries for 19 yards w/ Peterson.Its sickning to the point where every game is a passfest with the pittiful man defense.
Put Peterson at fullback. Run it up the middle at fullback or try to bounce it outside. I found by playing on allmadden that putting the star hb at fb for 50% of running plays helped me out. It seems to be working when I play online also. I had a run with Jamal lewis at fb and broke 60 yard td run yesterday while online. Yeah, running the ball on allmadden in single player and online is dreadfull. O-line blocking is pathetic. War passing on almost every play! J/k I hate it.

Last edited by Titus001; 09-07-2008 at 01:25 AM.
Old 09-07-2008, 10:13 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: Wheres the run game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by likebuttababy11
I used the Bengals yesterday in an online game and used Chris Perry as my RB and got about 80 yards rushing and most were dive plays. What I've started doing is using the slide protection to either the left or the right and be patient and look for the holes. Try that out and see if it works. Perry is as slow as Christmas on this game but he was getting me at least 4 yards using this method. With a back like AP I'm sure he would break a few during the game. Just slide the line left or right(on dive plays) and look for the hole. I've been experimenting on stretch plays a little. I've had some luck blocking the line to the left if the play is stretching to the right but it depends on how the D is lined up. If you have an outside running play and there is no LB lined up outside your tightend, pin everyone to the inside and you should get a nice gain. Hope that helps out a little.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »